Menu
a00
Joining in
Message 131 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

I was told there would be a penalty to leave but the person I spoke to said they would open a complaints ticket saying I am not getting the service I am paying for, they said someone would call me back about it but I just got an email saying there would be no charge from cancelling my contact early.

I have now ported my number to Asda Mobile as they use the EE network too with no contract so I can move again if a better deal comes along.

0 Kudos
Ginbolero
Joining in
Message 132 of 176
Flag for a moderator

I wrote a complaint on Resolver,  quoting ticket number P009299405. Virgin called me back after a week and agreed that it is a known fault and I could end my contract penalty free.

0 Kudos
abboo
Tuning in
Message 133 of 176
Flag for a moderator

same problem (Whatapps messages not coming through, until I open the app) - thought i'd mention it on this thread. Noticed it after 17days of new Virgin Mobile contract.  VM has refused to accept it's an issue with their network - they sent me a deadlock letter saying it's a third party issue with  WhatApp. I've complained to CISAS. I'm waiting for final decision.

I think i'll use Resolver as per previous post.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 134 of 176
Flag for a moderator

They say it's a 3rd party issue on this post too. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Re-WhatsApp-messages-not-coming-through/td-p/4032...

I can't comment as I have never had any problems getting/sending WhatsApp messages (on WiFi or 4g).

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 135 of 176
Flag for a moderator

@paulchambers061 wrote:

They say it's a 3rd party issue on this post too. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Re-WhatsApp-messages-not-coming-through/td-p/4032...

I can't comment as I have never had any problems getting/sending WhatsApp messages (on WiFi or 4g).

WhatsApp is most talked about, but other App Notifications are also included in the many threads about this.

With Virgin earlier accepting there was a problem and collecting data/issuing fault tickets ect, it is now beginning to sound like there are big problems trying to solve it - so next step given by those above is back to "deny" 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 136 of 176
Flag for a moderator

True, had a chuckle yesterday with vm staff saying they weren't aware of a problem. 

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 137 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Everything on my Google pixel is working perfectly since the August software update.

Don't know if this helps anyone but it's sorted my problems.

Also to add my pixel is unlocked so isn't locked to the network.

0 Kudos
Tonnox82
Joining in
Message 138 of 176
Flag for a moderator

I switched to Three 10 days ago, and I started receiving all notifications in real time immediately after activating the new SIM. It is clearly a VM network problem.

0 Kudos
NS_UK
Tuning in
Message 139 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Just been doing some testing with various apps using another phone to send messages - if I disable WiFi and switch to 4G notifications are initially instant but after leaving the phone for 20 minutes or so nothing then comes through until I open the app or enable WiFi again.

False alarm I'm afraid, everyone.

spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 140 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Just came to virgin with the oomph bundle, I also have noticed this problem.

I was on giffgaff/O2 with zero delay in receiving messages.

On virgin it is there is definitely a delay after the phone has been inactive on 4g for a while, wifi no issues.

The only difference for me is the sim card, same phone and settings, literally just swapped the sim over so looks like a virgin issue to me.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos