cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Credit check/order to process

teddywe
Joining in

Hi guys,

I placed an order for a contract as brand new customer with the iPhone 11 & Airpods bundle on 04/04/20. I submitted all my details for a routine credit check, and then received an email shortly afterwards saying there was a “few more checks between you and the good stuff”. I appreciate there is a backlog due to short staffing and the current situation, however I don’t know whether the credit check went through successfully or not, and if so whether it will simply be a case of waiting for the order to be processed and sent OR cancelled if it wasn’t successful. I am completely in the dark about this, and need to know whether it’s worth waiting for, or whether to find a contract with another provider instead.

Thanks in advance,

Teddy

12 REPLIES 12

tonyr101
Joining in

I'm in the same situation... No contract to sign (as yet) and the order is "parked".

Is it the case that stuff like credit checks etc are done manually and need to be approved by someone? If it is then get with program VM - it's 2020 FGS

If not and it's just a "backlog" then why not just say so? Or maybe VM don't have the phone(s) in stock?

There clearly needs to be a review of the process as the number of forum threads on the problem proves it's not working - what even does "parked" mean on an order anyway??? Can someone from VM explain it?

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for posting teddywe and welcome to our community.

I would like to look into this further for you.  To do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Also tonyr101

I would like to look into this further for you too.  To do so I am also going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Erin1993
Just joined

I ordered a broadband package deal last week with a quick installation set up. I'm still waiting for a credit check to be done to see if the order will actually be placed or if I have to go to another provider

AndyMc2045
Joining in

On the 22/5/2020 I initially started to make an application for a broadband only package online but was confused about the details required for the credit check, so I called the 0800 number from the site which the helpful lady took all my details, ran a credit check and said she would call back the following day.. but she did not call.

On the 26/5/2020 I received a call from your sales team as I had an uncompleted order in my cart, I explained to them what had happened with the previous call and he told me there was no record of the call or credit check done, and told me if I do another one it would be fine as they will cancel each other out, to which I agreed and exactly as before, he needed to refer it for manual handling and he would call me back within two days.. but again, I received no call back either.

Today it is 2nd of June.. nearly 3 weeks from my initial point of contact, and I don't want to have to ring up and go through a third credit check as this is making my credit score even worse than it already may be. If someone from VM could look into this and just let me know what is going on I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hi AndyMc2045,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. It sounds like you have had a bit of a roller coaster trying to get services with us, we are really sorry about this as we expect it to be a smooth ride.

We fully understand your concerns of not wanting to speak to our sales team again in the circumstance. What we would like to do is try and help you further and hopefully get to the bottom of this for you.

Please can you send us an email with all your details on and a brief explanation to twitter@virginmedia.co.uk

Once we receive this email we get this investigated for you. Please can you out in the email for the attention of Jodi.

Kind regards. 

AndyMc2045
Joining in

Thank you for responding Jodi_S 

I have sent you my details as requested, and have just sent them again as I still have had no response.  As a long term disabled twitch streamer I am in desperate need of decent internet, unfortunately I can only get 1-2mb download speed from anything through my phone line, and I have massively outgrown anything 4G on Three can give, leaving me Virgin Media as my only viable option.  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Looking forward to your reply,

Andy Mc.

Really sorry about this. 

I'll case this up for you now and ensure we get this resolved ASAP. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Michael74rogers
Joining in

I’m in the same situation. I received the message saying it’ll take around 48 hours to confirm however nearly a week has passed and no confirmation. I understand under the circumstances confirmation may be slower but I’m not sure wether to call up or carry on waiting.

Furthermore, I pressed to add the AirPods (which should add £3 to my bill) however when in the basket it did not add on to the end payment, so I finished the order thinking it may just not show up and I also wanted to confirm if the AirPods are in fact included in my purchase.

Thanks, 

Michael Rogers