cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 10 days now for transfer of number to Virgin Mobile

quantumskyline
Tuning in

I provided my PAC code to Virgin mobile on 28th December to transfer over from Vodafone after purchasing a new iPhone. I put the new SIM card into the iPhone on 31st December and was told it would take up to 24 hours for my number to port over from Vodafone. 10 days later and 6 separate live chats over 10 days and I am still waiting for this to happen. I keep being told that there is a system issue Virgin wide that is preventing porting over, and that an engineer is on it. 

I am now getting rather angry about all of this as my first Virgin mobile bill has already dropped, and effectively I'm currently paying for 2 mobile contracts and have a brand new phone I cant use yet.

This needs escalated. I have been told it's affecting multiple customers, not just me. How long has this issue been going on and what is the plan going forward to resolve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @quantumskyline,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming your details. 

I was able to amend this issue for you and have provided further details about your number transfer via PM.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further support on this after.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @quantumskyline,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us. I can understand that this must be very frustrating for you.

If you have already tried to go through our PAC Code process and have contacted us about this multiple times without resolution, then we'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you.

I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon to discuss further details about this issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @quantumskyline,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming your details. 

I was able to amend this issue for you and have provided further details about your number transfer via PM.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further support on this after.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team