cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteer Telephone Befriending.. Any help from Virgin?

artyrambler
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I've been a volunteer for Linking Lives UK for a year now. It's where you make regular calls to an isolated person. My sim only has 300 free minutes a month which has become a problem recently as the elderly lady I talk to can chat for over an hour every week. 

Does anyone know if Virgin offer any kind of extra minutes for this type of work as I can't afford to increase my contract?

(Annoyingly, my husband gets unlimited minutes for the same cost as my 300 minutes plus more MB don't understand why)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks artyrambler, I will send the Private Message now. When signed into your forum account please keep an eye out for the message under the purple envelope in the upper right hand corner of the screen and I look forward to your reply 🙂

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect your answer is ultimately going to be to seek a plan with an unlimited call allowance, as many are these days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello artyrambler

Thank you for taking the time to post on forum in regards to your volunteer work and your current allowances and the problems this is causing. It's great that you're offering this service to people who are isolated and alone and we're sure this brings them great comfort to know that someone is there to talk to if needed.

I've taken a look at your account and tariff and although there isn't any specific offer we can make due to the work and service you're providing this is definitely something we can help you with. If you would like me to discuss this further let me know and I can send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and let you know what we can do.

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your reply, please do message me for further details.

Thanks artyrambler, I will send the Private Message now. When signed into your forum account please keep an eye out for the message under the purple envelope in the upper right hand corner of the screen and I look forward to your reply 🙂

Rob

Thank you so much your help Rob. Very happy with the help I have received and I can now offer to make more weekly befriending talks to more isolated and lonely people.

For anyone reading this if you can spare a little time to help, please do, it is very rewarding and there are many local charities that always need new volunteers.

Very happy to have helped artyrambler and to assist you in being able to offer your support to more for longer 🙂

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Rob