cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade, no O2 sim??

JulianPerera
Joining in

I upgraded to ultimate volt from ultimate oomph in November of 2021. I was never told that my unlimited oomph sim would be deactivated. I've seen that when signing up you can choose to replace the virgin media sim with an O2 one but this was never offered to me.

Soon after signing up to volt I cancelled my exisiting O2 sim (the one I used to sign up to volt). This meant that once the virgin sim deactivated, I was left with no sim. When trying to ask virgin media over the phone whether I have an o2 sim included with my bundle some say no and some say yes. 

Do you get a replacement o2 sim when signing up to ultimate volt bundle?

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you'd already signed up to Volt benefits, then moving from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt wouldn't have prompted for a new O2 SIM - because you already had one registered for the Volt benefits.

It's customers moving to Volt who don't already have an O2 SIM will get one arranged as part of the bundle.

All that should have changed is that your existing O2 SIM should have been updated for the Unlimited airtime plan that Ultimate Volt comes with in that bundle, and you should have been notified that your existing Virgin Mobile Oomph SIM would either be moved to a chargeable airtime plan or could be cancelled.

Now you've cancelled your O2 SIM, I think you'll need to talk to O2 again to sort out how to get a new Volt plan and link it back to your cable services - Virgin Media customer services don't have access to O2's systems.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I didn't upgrade to volt before hand. On the phone at the time I was told I couldn't get an O2 sim instead of my virgin one which I now realise was wrong. They acknowledged that I wasn't informed about it and when I asked to get the o2 sim that should have been offered to me when the virgin one deactivated they keep insisting I have to pay extra.

I still dont understand why.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With Oomph there was one payment to Virgin Media that covered both cable and mobile elements of the bundle. With Volt there are two payments - one to Virgin Media for the cable services and a separate payment for O2 for the mobile SIM.

For Ultimate Volt that's advertised at £99 usually for new customers, that's £74 on the cable bill and a separate £25 to O2.

As you currently don't have the Volt O2 SIM, then getting that will cost more than you're paying now for just the cable services part of Ultimate Volt.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

dont feel like I upgraded then - same per month but lost an unlimited sim for a speed boost. and no one told me my sim would be deactivated otherwise i wouldnt have signed up

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JulianPerera thanks for getting back to us.

Your fellow community members have advised you correctly.  I am sorry for any confusion there may have been.  Can you please confirm if your cable side of things is still showing as Volt?

Regards

Lee_R