cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin while abroad

jackanoy
Joining in

Hi,

I'm currently away from the UK and need to access my voicemail. But it's asking for a pin that I don't remember setting. I tried all the important numbers I may have used but now it's locked and the customer service line tells me to come here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

340 REPLIES 340

Please help me too! Need to pick up an urgent voicemail, not back in the UK for a week.

James

Hi James, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We certainly can assist you with this. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @jwgcarlyle

I have reset the voicemail pin for you now and you'll receive your new PIN by SMS. You will need to reset this after receiving the SMS, by calling your voicemail. The following points are guidelines for setting up a new PIN:

• Not be purely repetitive,eg.7777
  • Not sequenced up or down,eg.1234,4321
  • The PIN cannot be a significant part of the Mobile number
  • Virgin Mobile default PIN(7890) will not be allowed as a sequence
  • New PIN's must be different from the previous PIN

If you have any further issues, pop back to me here and we can go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @far372,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message.  

I have reset the voicemail pin for you now too and you'll receive your new PIN by SMS. You will need to reset this after receiving the SMS, by calling your voicemail. The following points are guidelines for setting up a new PIN:

• Not be purely repetitive,eg.7777
  • Not sequenced up or down,eg.1234,4321
  • The PIN cannot be a significant part of the Mobile number
  • Virgin Mobile default PIN(7890) will not be allowed as a sequence
  • New PIN's must be different from the previous PIN

If you have any further issues, pop back to me here and we can go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

GRC
On our wavelength

Hi,

Apparently received 2 v-mails while on the Eurotunnel.  Have been a Virgin Mobile customer for 25 years and to my knowledge have never set-up a PIN for v-mail, or had problems on the (very) few occasions I may have checked v-mail while abroad.  Anyway, my v-mail is now locked and it tells me to call 789, which does not work from France. 

Please get me (and my wife) up and running. 

Hi there @GRC

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums, and I am so sorry to hear that this is happening! 

Are you able to reset the pin if you enter an incorrect one at all? 

Thank you. 

GRC
On our wavelength

Unfortunately not. It won't let me do anything.  After 3 attempts it locks the voicemail and says it is temporarily unavailable and to wait, or call 789 to reset it.  Having waited between when I wrote the first note and this one I got another 3 attempts but now it is locked again.  We have not tried my wife's phone as the same will happen...

Thank you for letting us know @GRC.

In this case, to best help with this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response if you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

GRC
On our wavelength

Guys,

You sent me the PM on Wednesday and I replied.  Since then radio silence, despite a PM reminder.  Can we please move this issue forward? 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @GRC as I was out of the office.

Please check your private messages as I have sent you an update.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team