cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin while abroad

jackanoy
Joining in

Hi,

I'm currently away from the UK and need to access my voicemail. But it's asking for a pin that I don't remember setting. I tried all the important numbers I may have used but now it's locked and the customer service line tells me to come here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

340 REPLIES 340

I must agree with this, I’m quite switched on with VM and regularly visit the app and my online account and I cannot recall ever seeing a warning to setup a pin before travelling abroad.

If this were to be better communicated then it would save the forum team, such as @Tom_W1, a lot of time and unnecessary hassle.

And of course it would save your customers the frustration of having to search out this forum in order to resolve the issue.

Dear VM elves, I am the latest of, it seems, hundreds of customers who failed to set up a voicemail PIN before leaving the UK. As I'm in France for 2 months could some team member privately message me so that we can fix this? Many thanks in anticipation, Andrew

Hello webdoc Elf.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear you forgot to set up a Pin before you left.
I can happily look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello webdoc 

I have reset the Pin now for you.

Keep an eye out for a text message. 

If its not with you in an hour can you let me know.

Gareth_L

Three cheers to Gareth_L for his prompt and efficient service. All sorted. Thank you.

Thanks webdoc,

Hard working us Elves. 

Glad its been resolved for you.

Were here if you need anything else.

Gareth_L

I am in the same position and unable to access voicemail without PIN as I am abroad 

Hello delaruj.

Happy to take a look at this for you. 

Sorry though you are having the same issue with the PIn.

In order to get this resolved. I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I am yet another that was not aware that I had to set up a PIN number for my voicemail before leaving the country. I am currently in Portugal and need access to my email, can some one from the VM team please help me.

Regards

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gregglinnell,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with your Voicemail service, and currently are unable to access it due to Roaming. I'm going to drop you a private message, please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ