cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin while abroad

jackanoy
Joining in

Hi,

I'm currently away from the UK and need to access my voicemail. But it's asking for a pin that I don't remember setting. I tried all the important numbers I may have used but now it's locked and the customer service line tells me to come here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teabag
Hero

Access to voicemail while roaming requires a PIN for security reasons, if a PIN was not been set-up while in the UK before leaving - your a bit stuck, there is no default PIN.

Your best chance is if one of the Forum Team here offer to help and set-up a temporary PIN for your voicemail, but may take a couple of days for them to get round to your post.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

340 REPLIES 340

teabag
Hero

Access to voicemail while roaming requires a PIN for security reasons, if a PIN was not been set-up while in the UK before leaving - your a bit stuck, there is no default PIN.

Your best chance is if one of the Forum Team here offer to help and set-up a temporary PIN for your voicemail, but may take a couple of days for them to get round to your post.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @jackanoy

Sorry that you're having issues accessing your Voicemail whilst away. As our user @teabag has advised, the PIN needs to be set from the home before leaving the UK.

To do this, you call 1571 from your home handset and follow the set up instructions. 

I have been unable to locate your account from your Forum post so have been unable to check this for  you as yet. I will pop you a Private Message so we can take some information for you - if there is no PIN set, we may not be able to reset it for you but we can certainly check. 

Look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem.

I am currently on holiday and I cannot access my mobile voicemail.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi axe299,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having voicemail issues. I'll send you a PM shortly to get your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks Corey!

You solved my problem.

Best wishes,

Alex

You're welcome, Alex. Happy to help.

jcapmurph
Joining in

Hi,

I am also abroad at the moment and did not set up a PIN. Would someone be able to help? I am not planning on returning to the UK for a while so a permanent solution would be appreciated! 

Cheers. 

antonioarantes
Joining in

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Could you sent me a message so we can work on this?

Hi antonioarantes,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you do not have a voicemail PIN. I have received your PM and will reply shortly, however please do not send Private Messages we are not expecting as they can very easily get buried under other messages and you might not get a reply.

Cheers,

Corey C