cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin required, I've never set one ?

Nicola5
Joining in

Currently in Spain. Missed a call from a private number. A voicemail has been left. I can't access my voicemail without a PIN number. But I've never registered a PIN number ? 

I only used voicemail last week and didn't need to PIN number then

74 REPLIES 74

Fishcakes784
Joining in

Every Virgin Mobile SIM card comes with a default PIN already set. So the first time you use the PIN, you’ll just need to enter 7890.

Hope this helps.

Fish

teabag
Hero

While in the UK, you do not need a voicemail pin set-up.

But for voicemail access from abroad, you usually need to have a voicemail pin set-up before leaving the UK.

Do not actually know if it's possible to set one up while abroard or if there is a default one?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

kevino81
On our wavelength

7890 is not the default pin.

neither is 1234 or 1210

Any ideas what the default pin would be?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There isn't a default mobile voicemail one as far as I'm aware. That's to stop the voicemail hacking that was possible years back that was the root of the newspaper enquiries and legal cases - as that relied on the fact there was a normally a default PIN and it was enabled.

So to access Voicemail remotely or when you're abroad, you have to have already set your own PIN from your handset when you're in the UK.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

There is no default pin for voicemail, if it's not set-up there is not a pin.

CS can set one up and issue you with a temporary pin for use while abroad, which you would change when back in the UK.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Tried 7890 and it didnt work

Hi Josell, 

Sorry you're having some issues accessing your Voicemail.

We can reset the pin if needed, I'll pop you a personal message and take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi, I'm in France and had no idea this was a thing?? Need to access voicemails urgently, any ideas?

Hi jkingsbury,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're unable to access your voicemails whilst in France.

Have you tried the default number 7890?

If you have and it is not unlocking your voicemail I will pop you over a private message so we can get this changed over for you.

Kind regards Jodi