Menu
lesjwilding
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail messed up by unannounced Network change

My voicemail stopped working.  Only discovered this after a colleague let me know - I was unaware.

I phoned Customer Services who said that Virgin had switched network providers and ''old'' SIMs no longer worked.  He told me that this happened last December so who knows what I have missed?  He told me that it was on the website (implying it was my fault - expletive deleted) - I have just looked and there is absolutely NOTHING about this change.

I am signed up for email updates - WHY DIDN'T I GET AN UPDATE ADVISING THIS CHANGE.

I was told that a new SIM was in the post and I would have to migrate my contacts across.  GREAT!!

I have just received a text saying that my mailbox has now been set up.  Well it HASN'T.  I tried phoning my mobile using a landline and was told that my number was NOT available?  I've only had it for 5+ years so it has been messed up......

WHY did I have to find this out from my colleagues.  WHY didn't Virgin send out a message advising this?  Virgin KNOWS who has old SIMs so why on earth didn't Virgin show a bit of planning, advise everyone with an old SIM that a change was underway and PROACTIVELY issue new SIMs to affected users....

...but of course that requires a degree of competance and on this performance, something Virgin clearly does NOT have.

So until my new SIM arrives, I am stuck without voicemail and no doubt I will need to set it all up again.

Thanks a Bunch for your ineptitude Virgin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail messed up by unannounced Network change

Hi lesjwilding,

Very sorry to hear this has happened, this is not the experience we would want or expect for you. 

When you try calling your voicemail from your mobile, what happens? 

In most cases, the migration of the voicemail didn't affect our customers in any way. I'm sorry this hasn't been the case for you. When you receive your new SIM, please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
lesjwilding
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I phone my voicemail from my mobile, I am told I don't have any messages which is strange as I had a couple messages saved.  Also my greeting has disappeared.

When I phone my mobile from a landline it rings and rings, and does NOT drop through to voicemail. Eventually, as stated in my earlier complaint, I get a message saying that 'the mobile number I have called is currently unavailable. Please try again later'.  The landline then goes dead and the mobile stops ringing.

So my Voicemail has been messed up and needs Virgin to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any frustration this is causing lesjwilding.

The best thing to do is wait until you receive the new SIM, make sure this is activated and set up your voicemail again. If you have any issues once this has been done, please let us know and we will be able to go through further diagnostics with you.  

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
lesjwilding
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So what you are saying is that everything associated with my original and fully working mailbox has now been messed up and lost?  Great!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. When you get the new SIM we'll be able to set it back up and take it from there, if there's still an issue after the new SIM then we'd run further diagnostics Thanks Lindsey_C

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos