Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail abroad pin

Deanclark40
Joining in

Asking me for a pin for voicemail that I never have to enter at home in the UK

calling customer service and they are closed at 7.30am JOKE

cant see or reset PIN online JOKE

can someone from virgin message me to sort this out ??

I have 3 accounts and mobile numbers that are used by my family so please use the one ending 4325

10 REPLIES 10

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deanclark40, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your voicemail whilst abroad. 

Information regarding the pin and how to activate this can be found here

If you did not set this up before leaving the UK, please let me know.

Thanks 

Nat

No I did not set this up before leaving UK and according to your CS team a PIN reset text cannot be sent to European countries so I have to wait to get back to UK to pick up important voicemails 🤬🤬

virgin need to be better at communicating PIN set up protocols before leaving UK or sort out their tech as they must be the only telecommunications outfit that can’t send a simple text

i have 3 phone contacts with Virgin and this type of inadequacy may seem small but actually is very important  when you consider the communication inefficiency it brings, so now thinking of moving to a provider that is capable of delivering VM in Europe without fuss

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In all honesty setting a pin should be the first thing to do when setting up voicemail for the first time. There used to be default pin numbers in the past but that's how the papers hacked voicemail messages.

A pin allows you to access your voicemail from any phone in the UK or abroad and adds another level of security.

As to other operators you may find similar applies, and of course many now have roaming charges.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-Tips-for-using-your-Virgin-Mobile-whilst-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You make an assumption that I needed a Pin for VM in the uk which I don’t have and have not needed

you also miss the more important point that it’s the fact Virgin is unable to reset or set up a PIN after leaving the UK (and rely on not so insightful persons to pass comment to try and camouflage this fact) 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not mqking assumptions as I've been in the mobile game since 1993

You have never needed a pin when calling from your own phone in the UK. Any Other phone yes. And that's the problem, people ignored the need and as there was a default pin the Rupert Murdochs and Piers Morgans of the press could easily hack into people's voicemail.

I've been setting mine since 2G came out in 1996.

Virgin can try to set a temporary pin for you. The emphasis is on try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Your life story and experience isn’t really of any interest and doesn’t help with the PiN issue I have with Virgin, I am no further educated by your input nor any further with a resolution to my VM access.

You appear to know more about how virgin operates as they are not aware they they can set a temporary PIN so I would suggest aiming your comments directly at them. That would be USEFUL 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've messaged the team.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deanclark40, 

Thank you for your reply and for confirming the pin was not previously set up prior to leaving the UK.

Thank you also to @enlli for your assistance.

I have checked the account from our side and can see that the team have attempted to reset your pin remotely but this has not been successful. Unfortunately, as you are now outside of the UK, we cannot guarantee that this will change with any further attempts but I would be happy to try again for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab a few more details and we can go from there. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Moving forward, please keep in mind that this is a community based forum and members of our community will do all they can to assist in resolving a matter. Please remember to be respectful and courteous to other members wishing to offer assistance. 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi, Nat...

I have the same problem.  No pin setup.  3 attempts to connect to voicemail and no joy.  Locked out and I need to contact the team from my home phone.  How can I do that? - I don't have access to my home phone.

I would like my pin reset whilst I am abroad please.

Can you also send me a personal message for details and we can get this sorted out?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Johnnie_F