cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail PIN

xsarahgilesx
Joining in

Hi, I’m trying to access my voicemail whilst abroad but everytime I try (which is costing £2) every attempt I can’t access it. I can’t remember if I’ve set up a PIN and have tried the default one 7890# but nothing seems to be working and I’ve now racked up a £40+ bill for failed attempts. It keeps asking for my PiN but I just don’t think I have one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The team here will have to set a temporary one for you as you have not set one up before leaving

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The team here will have to set a temporary one for you as you have not set one up before leaving

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks enlli how do I go about getting a temporary PIN.. thanks for your reply 🙏🏼

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have to wait for one of the team members to reply to your post I'm afraid.

Ok thanks for your response, I will wait and hopefully get a response from someone at VirginMobile 🤞🏼 Many Thanks 

Hi xsarahgilesx, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your Voicemail. We can certainly get the PIN reset for you. 

In order to do this we would need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dobbsad
Tuning in

I'm unable to access my V mail from abroad, despite knowing my PIN. 
the Vmail prompts me and then goes dead and eventually rings off.  I’ve deliberately put in wrong PINs and these are rejected. Have tried all sorts of ways, to no avail. Help

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dobbsad

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when trying to access your voicemail from abroad. Does the line go dead immediately after you have entered your PIN?

I'd be happy to get the PIN reset for you and hopefully then it will work, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi xsarahgilesx, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. I have reset the voicemail pin for you now. 
You will receive your new PIN by SMS shortly. You will need to reset this after receiving the SMS, by calling your voicemail. The following points are guidelines for setting up a new PIN:

• Not be purely repetitive,eg.7777
  • Not sequenced up or down,eg.1234,4321
  • The PIN cannot be a significant part of the Mobile number
  • Virgin Mobile default PIN(7890) will not be allowed as a sequence
  • New PIN's must be different from the previous PIN

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi xsarahgilesx, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. We only need to use private message if we're swapping any personal or account sensitive information. As this is a general enquiry, we can use the thread instead 🙂 

I'm glad you've been able to access your voicemails now. In answer to your question about turning the Voicemail off, this is possible. 

You can do this by signing in to your online account here. Go to > Manage My Services > Voicemail > then you can switch it off there.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to pop back to us in the Community 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team