cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice data incoming calls not working

Michael369
Joining in

Hi.  I am overseas, my incoming calls don't ring,  can't access my voicemail,  789 not working,  can't call virgin,  to help me,  seems everything is failed.  Please help 

26 REPLIES 26

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Michael369,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your Mobile data and calls. I understand that this is not ideal at all.

Have you taken a look at our Roaming Hub to see what roaming charges apply where you are? Have you been able to set up your voicemail PIN before travelling abroad? You can read more about this here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/set-up-virgin-mobile-voicemail.

You can call our Mobile team from abroad here: +44 7953 967 967 if needed. Please let us know a little more about this issue, we'll be more than happy to help.

Are you able to receive incoming calls? Is your texting service working okay? What happens when you try to access your voicemail?

Please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.  Same old crap,  I just tried the number you gave me,  to call from over seas,  and guess what,  rang once. Call ended,  I now have no access to fix my problems , 

I don't have messenge so can't text,  no data to go on line,  incoming calls don't ring and go to voicemail and can not access that that as well.  Ur overseas number and 789 all don't work,  

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Michael369,

Thank you for coming back to me. Are you able to view the links I provided using the connection you're using to post on here? Have they helped at all?

Can you tell me if this issue has been ongoing before you left the UK, or after?

I'm sorry to hear that the number did not work. Can you tell me what happens when you try to access your voicemail?

Keep us updated so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Your links did not work.  The problem has been going on for a long time. Sometimes I get locked out of my voice mail saying wrong pin,  which is not true,  and when I do get in it says enter pin hash then blank and then goodbye. I have a very bad service from you,  no messages no dated no voice, and know no answers as well.  

Hi Michael, apologies that the links did not work for you. 

Can you confirm if you have rebooted your phone since travelling abroad? If you can also confirm which country you are in we may be able to provide further support if you still cannot access any of our support links. 
Here is the data you may find useful from the page link provided:

I can’t connect

Firstly, you can check that you’re all set up to use your phone abroad by simply logging into Your Account

It’s also a good idea to check that there’s network coverage where you are. See Roaming Costs to check the coverage in the country you’re visiting.

You can also try turning the phone off and then back on again. Sounds simple, but it'll refresh the network signal on your phone and, more often than not, it does the trick. If that doesn't work, you can try a manual network search. Here's how:

• Go into Settings on your phone
  • Now go to Phone Settings
  • Then choose Network Selection
  • Select Manual network selection instead of Automatic and let the phone search for available networks. This might take up to a minute
  • Now you should have a list of networks you can use

If your phone has a removable battery and you are still stuck, try what we call a hard reboot. Just remove the battery from your phone without turning it off first, then wait about 20 minutes before putting it back in and switching the phone on.

This reboots your phone and it normally does the trick.

I can’t call, text or use data

Using MMS service while abroad – If you experience any failed attempts to send MMS messages abroad this issue will not affect your monthly airtime allowances and you can still use data and SMS services to keep connected while roaming. Please remember you can still use WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger to send your holiday snaps and these apps are free while roaming in the EU. Outside of the EU data charges will apply; visit virginmedia.com/roaming for further pricing information.

If you’re having problems making a call, sending a text or using your mobile data, you should check that your account is set up correctly for roaming.

If you're a Pay Monthly customer, and you’ve been with us for less than 3 months, we may ask you to pay a £50 deposit before we'll enable roaming.

Firstly, check that Roaming is switched on and that your International Call Bar is turned off in Your Account. To do this:

1. Log in to Your Account and go to Plan and Device 
  2. Select the Manage Services tab
  3. From there, scroll down to the Roaming section
  4. Click the slider to the On position
  5. Whilst you're there, check that your International Call Bar is also switched off. Then you're all set to go

Still can't use data?

Your phone settings

To switch on/off data roaming, have a peep at your phone manual and ensure Data & Data Roaming options are turned ‘ON’ in your device settings. Or check out Virgin Mobile phone support for help.

Access Point Name (APN) settings

You’ll need to also check the APN selected in your device is shown as Virgin Mobile, and not another network provider.

You can update the APN settings by selecting your mobile from our Virgin Mobile phone settings list, or just text 'All' to 789922 and your settings will arrive to your handset, ready to be saved.

Remember, for some handsets you may to do this again when you're abroad for the first time, or if you've reset your phone since then.

Reset your account settings

If you still can't get data, log into Your Account and switch Roaming ‘OFF’ (wait 24 hours to complete) then back ‘ON’ (again, wait 24 hours to complete) following the steps above.

Let us know how you get on with this. All the best. 

Molly

Molly.  My problem is your end,  nothing you send me works. All the help numbers you sent ring and go dead,  links don't work,  I have tried your switch on switch off,  roaming and single testing, my massage data don't work,  sending me the same stuff again,  and again does not help me,  if none of your services work,  and you don't pick up my calls there there is a massive problem your end,  

Hi Michael, 

Apologies that the troubleshooting steps are not working for you, and that you feel we have repeated the information, I was under the impression you did not have access to the support links we provided. 

What can you currently see on the phone? Is there a signal bar? What happens when you do a network search? 

If you are able to post screenshots that will be massively helpful, but don't worry if not possible! 

All the best. 

Molly

I have full coverage all bars,  I can make calls and some calls and most calls came in,  calls now go to voicemail and I have no access after I put my pin in,  I have no text working,  and no data,  the phone works,  but not your service does not,  my phone as been set up for roming a while back,  I have a full screen,  hot can I send screenshots when nothing works,  this problem is no local,  it's your end,  I have been with virgin over 20 years and have done a lot of traveling in the past,  so I think I know when my phone is not working,  or all the little tricks you send me I have done a thousand times,  very disappointed you are not looking at my account and checking your end,  why not