cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodaphone R219

Huddersred
Joining in

I have a R219 MIFI on the Vodaphone network I use at my holiday home. I am thinking about signing up to a Virgin Sim only deal as Vodaphone and Virgin are the only ones that work. Will the Virgin sim work in the router without unlocking? 

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would have to ask Vodafone. Although Virgin now use Vodafone for signal the SIM will report a different network.

I know their phones have to be unlocked, so I'm fairly sure the same will apply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Will the Virgin sim work in the router without unlocking? 

Normally not, the "lock" is usually to the supplying network, not the underlying infrastructure provider, although a MIFI device may be different to a mobile phone.  You should be able to request an unlock code from Vodafone, who may or may not charge for that, and you may want to check online for the process about how to use the code.  The Vodafone forum can probably assist you on those questions better than we can.

Might be better off just buying a PAYG data only SIM from Voda without unlocking to drive the R219 when needed, as Voda offer some competitive deals in that space?  Check both resellers, PCWs and the Voda site for the best deal before committing.