cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone signal

Dusty_Warrior
Up to speed

Can a Virgin representative please address this?

My mobile sim is bundled with my Virgin V6 (not volt) ultimate oomph package. Everything was great before migration to Vodafone but now phone almost useless at work indoors. Can you transfer me to O2 or even back to EE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are many new Volt deals available which include everything you currently have, I advise calling us so we can have a look for you.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sure the team will tell you but there is no going back to EE as the contract with them is finished.

As to O2, at this stage they are a separate entity account wise so Virgin staff can't move you over 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dusty_Warrior,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear since your Sim was swapped to the Vodafone network you no longer are able to use your phone in Work due to no signal.

We are unable to put you back on the EE Network or switch the Sim to O2, what you could do it look at one our our new Volt bundles which comes with an 02 Sim, you can also keep the number you have, please speak to our customer services who will be able to have a look into this further for you.

Regards

Paul.

Cheers Paul, 

thanks for you quick reply.

I am really happy with all of the rest of my package and don’t really want to change the TV or landline, and I have 1g broadband. 

Would I be able to keep my existing package but opt out of the mobile sim?

There are many new Volt deals available which include everything you currently have, I advise calling us so we can have a look for you.

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How attached are you, to your mobile number?

If you're not bothered, then simply stop using your V-Mobile SIM and take out a new line with EE as required. It would be more complicated if you want to retain your number as Virgin will need to allow a PAC.

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the Virgin Mobile side of things, but my career background is in mobile comms, and you've unfortunately fallen foul of one of the inherent problems with an MVNO. If their host network changes, and you were reliant on the previous host network, there's nothing the MVNO can do about it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Japitts,

That was my thinking. I’ve had the number for over 10 years but not attached to it and sometimes a change is a good idea. Just not sure I can have my 2Gig ultimate oomph without mobile?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What I'm suggesting is, that you just file your existing SIM as appropriate and get a new one with your chosen network operator.

If you're not "attached" to your current number, then just abandon it. Treat it as unwanted freebie and don't overcomplicate your VM account by an unnecessary package change.

This only works if you don't want your existing number. If you do, then you'll need VM to issue you a PAC, which will mean cancellation of your VM service - this will force a package change by implication.