cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone "VM Oomph" SIM no longer working

mpmc
Superfast

Hi folks,

Seems our oomph sim has been barred or limited as of two days ago when it was working fine. I assume this is something to do with the swap to O2 network from Vodafone - which I know had already taken place as the network parameters changed a bit ago.

Tried the SIM in 3 different devices, "No Service", checked network status, OK. Sky SIM on O2 works fine in all devices, as does Lebara sim on Vodafone.

I assume we need a replacement? Can anyone from VM help with ordering this please?

Thanks.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you changed plan recently? If so the Virgin SIM will have to be swapped for an O2 SIM

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mpmc, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SIM, we will be able to help. 

I will just need to confirm a few details so I am going to pop you over a private message now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

New Sim arrived. That isn't working either.

New Virgin SIM.

Registration state: 'not-registered-searching'
	CS: 'detached'
	PS: 'detached'
	Selected network: '3gpp'
	Radio interfaces: '1'
		[0]: 'lte'
	Roaming status: 'off'
	Data service capabilities: '0'
	Current PLMN:
		MCC: '234'
		MNC: '10'
		Description: ''
	Roaming indicators: '1'
		[0]: 'off' (lte)
	Detailed status:
		Capability: 'cs-ps'
		HDR Status: 'none'
		HDR Hybrid: 'no'
		Forbidden: 'no'
	Full operator code info:
		MNC with PCS digit: 'no'

Working Sky Mobile SIM also on O2 UK as indicated by the same MCC / MNC code.

Registration state: 'registered'
	CS: 'attached'
	PS: 'attached'
	Selected network: '3gpp'
	Radio interfaces: '1'
	Roaming status: 'off'
	Data service capabilities: '1'
	Current PLMN:
		Description: 'Sky'
	Roaming indicators: '1'
		[0]: 'off' (lte)
	3GPP location area code: '65534'
	3GPP cell ID: '130284664'
	Detailed status:
		Capability: 'cs-ps'
		HDR Status: 'none'
		HDR Hybrid: 'no'
		Forbidden: 'no'
	LTE tracking area code: '1408'
	Full operator code info:
		MNC with PCS digit: 'no'

This is the exact same device and same location, but it completely refuses to register using the Virgin SIM. Vodafone, the Sky SIM and EE are fine in the same three devices.

Perhaps the number hasn't been ported from Vodafone to O2? And as I said before the SIM was happily working previously with no change on my end.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Have you changed plan recently? If so the Virgin SIM will have to be swapped for an O2 SIM

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Ah thank you for making me check the mobile account!! It wasn't bloomin' activated! I didn't think I needed to do that as the leaflet says just to pop it in and it's good to go! That needs to be changed VM Staff!

😖

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for that, 

Usually the self activation would take place when you place the SIM card into the phone.

To clarify, is everything working now?

Let us know,

Kain

@Kain_W wrote:

Apologies for that, 

Usually the self activation would take place when you place the SIM card into the phone.

To clarify, is everything working now?

Let us know,

Yes, thanks 🙂

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

I'm glad it is up and running for you however many apologies for this being the normal process for you.

Take care!

Kain