cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and WiFi calling not working anymore

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hello, I've noticed that since 2-3 days VoLTE doesn't appear anymore where the cellular data is and WiFi calling is not available as well. I have done all the reset options to my phone and nothing, everything is ok as it was before. So, my question is, was this disabled in my area? Have I been switched back to the EE network? I need to say that VoLTE and 5G were both available on my phone but suddenly the VoLTE isn't available anymore. I can't say about 5G because I don't live in an area with 5G coverage. Can someone please check this? Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

Hi @Zak_M Unfortunately not, it's the same situation and now I'm away from home and still no VoLTE, so, it wasn't an issue only where I live. And I've also noticed that now if I go to phone settings and I select Virgin SIM at IMS Registration Status it says Not registered. Previously it said Registered. So, all these were the same before June last year when I was on the EE network. But since June when I was ported to your 5G Vodafone network I had VoLTE, 5G and WiFi calling available. It seems that now all these are gone. Could you please take a look at your end about this? Thanks.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me loanaNeacsu, 

I have taken a look over things from here and all seems to be within check. 

Could you reboot the handset & see if it has come back? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Not sure if this will work for you, but I lost Wifi Calling and VOLTE yesterday, but by re-booting my home router it all sprang back into action. Worth a try for anyone suffering similar problems?

@Zak_M I've rebooted my phone still no sign of VoLTE even if the option is enabled in phone settings. And what's curious is that I even got a bit of 5G signal near Bath. I'm really not sure why no VoLTE but as long as the 5G is working then I'm happy. 

@bgglp I'm not sure how the router could influence this but hey I'm willing to try this too, nothing to lose.

Hi @Zak_M , I've tried reboot too as well as switching on/off VoLTE switch, still no VoLTE. Also, as in this, WiFi calling also not working (but was on the first day I used the simcard). 

Has there been a change at Vodafone that has caused an issue for us on virginmobile? I'm in Exeter and there seems to be no plans for 5G to get here anytime soon so would really like VoLTE back. 

Thanks for any help/insight you can give. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IoanaNeacsu,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear that the suggestions did not work for getting VoLTE back yet. I would like to look into this further and run a few checks on our systems. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required and hopefully we can get this sorted for you. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi @Serena_C, thank you, I've replied to your message yesterday.

Hi @IoanaNeacsu, thanks for your message.

I've received your PM on Serena's half so I'll reply further via that method.

Please expect this to arrive within the next minute or so!

Regards

Tom_W

Please do share any fixes for this if you arrive at any.

If it is truely a network issue, is there going to be a resolution?

Thanks!

Hi @aaron_r_j, thanks for your post.

On this occasion, there doesn't appear to be a networking issue causing this failure.

Are you having problems with this too? Please let me know if so.

Many thanks

Tom_W