cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and WiFi calling not working anymore

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hello, I've noticed that since 2-3 days VoLTE doesn't appear anymore where the cellular data is and WiFi calling is not available as well. I have done all the reset options to my phone and nothing, everything is ok as it was before. So, my question is, was this disabled in my area? Have I been switched back to the EE network? I need to say that VoLTE and 5G were both available on my phone but suddenly the VoLTE isn't available anymore. I can't say about 5G because I don't live in an area with 5G coverage. Can someone please check this? Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IonaNeacsu, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your VoLTE and WiFI calling. 

It's strange that this was working but now no longer is. Have you made any changes to your account, device or SIM?

When out and about, do you get any of this signal or does it not work at all?

Try these troubleshooting steps to see if anything there helps. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Kath_F, thanks for replying to this. No I haven't done any changes to my account, my device or any settings. 4G works fine, I can make or receive callsdata works fine. Is just I noticed that VoLTE and WiFi calling is not available anymore. And yeah it worked fine until few days ago. I've done all the possible checks to my phone. It is probably an issue with your network where I live, maybe some changes were made. But apart from that the service works fine. I tried those troubleshooting steps and it didn't help. I will be away tomorrow so I will check if this is the case everywhere or just where I live. On Tuesday I've been to London but I don't remember if it worked or not. If you could please just check if my number is still on the 5G Vodafone signal, that would be great? I can't see any reason why it shouldn't, as I've been on this for at least 6 months now. Thanks

Hi IoanaNeacsu, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

The system we use to check this is currently down at the moment so I'm unable to check this for you. 

As you are able to make calls and data is working, please monitor this for when you're on the move again. Let us know if the same issues occur and if so we can then help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, I will, thank you. Have a good day.

Hi there,

I've just joined, in an area with good 4G coverage (no 5G in my city though). 4G data is good. However calls all drop to 3G on my Samsung S20 FE despite being VoLTE enabled in the settings. I can confirm I'm on the vodafone network rather than EE. I think my problem is related to this post, hence the response rather than a new post and so would appreciate an update and potential fix. I have also tried in a second phone, both of which operated using VoLTE fine with my previous network. 

Thanks!

Hi aaron_r_j,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your mobile.

Can you confirm if the handset was originally from ourselves?

Have you had a look at the support here

Alex_Rm

@aaron_r_j It seems we have the same issue. I don't have the device bought from Virgin, it was from Argos. I just got this SIM last year as being part of the Ultimate Oomph package. And in June I was ported to the 5G Vodafone but in the last two-three days VoLTE disappeared. I'm sure it's an issue with their network, as it usually is. I have a Samsung s21 dual sim, luckily for me Virgin is Sim 2, I use the EE one as SIM 1, which is much better and I wouldn't use Virgin as my main SIM. Both of them were VoLTE but 2-3 days ago the Virgin one stopped showing VoLTE. And yes I know that I can't have 5G on both at the same time. But from time to time I have used the Virgin one as 5G and the EE one as 4G. Anyway, I'll check tomorrow how it goes as I'll be away in another area. Good luck with it as well.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A dual SIM S21 with standard UK firmware will work on Virgin, bought from them or not

If you check your firmware and can see BTU it works on Virgin 

Screenshot_20220128-160531_Settings.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks @Alex_RM , My handset was purchased directly from Samsung and I went for a sim only contract. I have checked the troubleshooting pages without any successful fix. 

Also, thanks @IoanaNeacsu , it does sound like a network issue, particularly given it was working with you previously. I do therefore hope its resolved soon. 

PS: In case its of relevance, I'm on One UI 4.0 (Android 12)