cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail Virgin Mobile

visualVM
Joining in

I'm not sure this belongs in this sub-forum, but it's the phone I'm using, so I'm starting here. Please move this to a different sub if this isn't the right place...

I just got an 11 Pro Max, moving away from Android for the first time. Everything is going fine, for the most part. Some things I miss, some things I like better. Anyways...

I don't seem to have Visual Voicemail. I've looked up setting it up, and I don't have that option. When I got to phone->voicemail, all I get is a button in the middle of the screen that says "Call Voicemail".

Anyone know how I can get my VVM set up?

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only EE, O2 and SKY do Visual Voicemal.

Who does what is shown here

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This has been usual to discover.

I have just moved to Virgin Mobile from O2 and Visual Voicemail is I something I miss (the rest of the move was very smooth). It was not something I asked about when I switched - I did not know differently having always been with O2.

Does anyone know if Virgin have any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail?

Thanks

Hi Optimist99

Thanks for posting. There's no plans at the moment relating this but thanks for the feedback on what you'd like to see. We're always working hard to improve the services, content and indeed offerings.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

the data on this link is not accurate.

• Virgin support Wifi Calling which is not listed
  • Vodafone support visual voicemail which is not listed.

If I had known that Virgin doesn't support visual voicemail then perhaps I would have chosen another provider......not as if this feature hasn't been in the market for over 7 years...

imi
Up to speed
EDIt - visual voicemail was introduced by apple in 2007....

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Blame Apple. They said recently they would not share or licence any of their technology like Visual Voicemail and the like as 'It promotes customer loyalty to our brand.'  If they had opened it up then on one side they could lose customers to Android and on the other more networks would have been likely to adopt it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Other networks have managed to incorporate VVM just fine......14 years on and Virgin haven't......its obviously not on their roadmap - user experience clearly isn't a top priority.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well it won't be on any road map at present with the switch from EE to Vodafone going on throughout this year. Then who knows what the merger with O2 will bring.

This is something I would like to see. I have just moved my broadband and mobile from Vodafone to Virgin. If I knew there was no visual voicemail I may not have switched. Do you plan to introduce this?