cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin unlimited on iPhone keeps saying no credit.

Pj28
Joining in

Constantly getting message no credit.  Have changed region to Belgium and back countless times and works for so long.  Any idea of permanent fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Common problem with Virgin SIM cards an iPhones which think they are in Belgium. (Proximus of Belgium program the card)

Try this

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National or Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Pj28

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your mobile account at the moment. 

Do you have a spending cap on your account? You can check this via your online account at anytime. This message would only pop up if you are trying to do something chargeable and have a £0 spend cap

Does this happen with all numbers that you are calling? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katy. Yep I have a spending cap of £0 as I have unltd texts call and data with Virgin 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for popping back so quickly @Pj28

Can you confirm if you're getting this error pop up on all calls or is it only specific calls? Does it only appear when trying to make a call or ay any other time? 

Cheers

Katie

Katie - Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Common problem with Virgin SIM cards an iPhones which think they are in Belgium. (Proximus of Belgium program the card)

Try this

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National or Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s not constant just at least twice between resetting of Virgin data. Have just tried the fix suggested about changing roaming and sim apps.  Maybe that will help. Thanks for prompt response

Just aware when trying to make calls. Always annoying. In fact can have made a call then 5 mins later try to call again and then it happens