Menu
dcirulis
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin top up voucher not working

Hi when I try to top up using my pin that's printed under scratch panel I get sorry we are having a few technical problems please try later. This is for a week now. Is it a problem with the pin or a virgin error. I must admit I bought the cards on ebay at a reduced price but they were unscratched so unused but do they expire I now wonder?? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin top up voucher not working

I havent seen cards with a scratch off panel to top up in about 10 years.

I would guess they are out of date but wait for staff confirm

@AlexKid  any thoughts on this one?

0 Kudos
AlexKid
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dcirulis,

good question :smileywink

as @Kippies says, these haven't been on sale for quite some time. But like you, I too purchased some from eBay (well over a year ago now) but used the last one six months ago.

They don't have an expiry date and prior to this last time still worked fine (even though I know that they were years old).

The last one I tried in November last year repeatedly gave me the exact response you are having. Eventually I gave in and called 789 to speak to customer service. After a bit of explaining and the agent manually trying to add the 16 digit code for me. My account was was finally credited with the appropriate top-up Smiley Happy

So give customer service a call, hopefully you will get a helpful advisor. The top up vouchers don't specify any expiry date and you bought them in good faith. The Team member should be able to manually add the credit to your account from their end.

AlexKid 🙂

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid, you're a star !

0 Kudos
dcirulis
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

well called 789 and the cust service guy gets the same error message. he said vouchers are still valid but its a systems issue with topping up?? anyone know when this could be resolved??

0 Kudos
AlexKid
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dcirulis,

the customer service agent I spoke to six months ago kept getting the same error message and it was just a case of persevering before my account finally credited. (I think if there was a system wide problem with top-up vouchers there would be other cases here on this forum).

I actually feel it may well be just a problem limited to these old "scratch card" vouchers. Many changes have taken place since they were produced, especially the system changes just prior to Virgin Mobile becoming a full MVNO.

Personally I would call again (some advisors are more helpful than others and ask - "have they been inundated with calls from other PAYG customers").

Let us know how you get on,

AlexKid 🙂

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos