cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin sim plus my I phone - Incoming & outgoing calls drop off after a minute. we moved to new house

_mg
Joining in

We have moved house but we are still in Surrey. Since than I have a constant issue with the phone. 

I have Virgin simplicity sim and it is used in I phone. Always was. Incoming & outgoing calls drop off after a minute.  Voice Message notification keep popping up even though they are old. Calling voice mail fails. On many occasions calling another number fails and not even at home but in other areas too. I can't talk to GP or any other services because calls gets cut off and than I can not call at all for a half an hour or so. 

My sim is white and red. Some people were saying that the problem is an old  sim. I don't know what is the old  or new. I have tried resetting I phone , switching off and on numerous times. It does not work. I am considering switching provider. Did anyone resolved such an issue? Please help. 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long since the SIM was replaced? Virgin have moved off EE onto Vodafone and some of the older SIM cards don't play nice.

Probably a replacement SIM would be the first step.

I'm sure the team here will advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi _mg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Mobile service. 

I have been able to locate your account and would like to look into this for you. 

To do so what I will firstly do is private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for passing data protection with my over Private Message. 

I have taken a look over this and it does look as though the signal in your area isn't currently great. 

I have checked over this and it does look as though there is work planned to improve this in the next few months. 

Can you confirm if you have done a manual network search on the handset?

^Martin