cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin sim card issues

Joanna1608
Joining in

Five months ago my sim card suddenly stopped working mid phone call.  Replacement sim card ordered, and eventually connected to the network. It didn't connect first time and I had to ring again and I am not sure what the person on the end of the phone did, but it suddenly connected to the network soon after. 

Same thing happened again last weekend - suddenly lost service and unable to make calls, find network etc.  

So, phoned virgin and another replacement sim ordered.  I have placed this in the phone today and it has done nothing at all, it hasn't asked for a pin (Android phone) and i still have no service.  After several hours I rang Virgin again and they confirmed that the sim card I have been given is the only sim card for the account and it is active.  They couldn't answer why i have not been prompted to input the pin and told me to wait.  As far as they are concerned the sim is active and i should be able to connect to the network and make calls, access the internet etc.

I have done everything as expected including checking the sim is in correctly, rebooting the phone several times. I've followed the Virgin guidance to the letter but nothing is happening.

I expect to have to ring virgin again tomorrow but can anyone help in terms of what I should be asking them please?  To me, it seems simple - the sim card is not active.  To them, everything should be fine.

Thanks!

Joanna 

2 REPLIES 2

Joanna1608
Joining in
I should add that when I put the sim card into the phone slot, and then close the slot, it IS recognising there is a sim card in there but then nothing at all happens.

Hi @Joanna1608

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here!

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your services! 

Can I ask have you been able to try the SIM card in another handset at all? 

Thank you.