cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin replacement SIM not activating

LHinds
Joining in

I received my new replacement SIM yesterday and when I tried everything on you SIM activation page nothing worked.

I have not received any message to input the PIN into the phone, it has been restarted and the SIM reinserted multiple times over the 25h period and I still can't get connected to the network.

I do see the signal bars in the top right and I can send messages over wifi but when off wifi I can't do anything or access my data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks

Liam

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LHinds, 

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having issues activating your new sim card.

Thank you for performing a restart and re-inserting the sim, we would advise to do in the first instance. Can we ask if you have been able to try the sim card in an alternative handset?

If you're unable to, please come back to us and we will check your account to make sure everything has been set up correctly.

Kind regards Jodi.

Hi Jody,

I have tried the SIM in another android phone and an iPhone and neither worked.

Thanks,

Liam

Thanks for coming back to me Liam,

Due to this I am going to check your account for you. I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi LHinds,

Just quick message to advised you that you should now be able to use your new sim card. I have sent you message privately to let you know the reasons why.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you're experiencing any further issues.

Kind regards Jodi

And mine please

You're most welcome LHinds,

Glad to hear you're all back up and running. If you need any further assistance, please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely evening.

Jodi.