Menu
G-Ray
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin put a Default on my credit file

I had a contract with Virgin Media for £20.00pm it was a black friday deal for unlimited minutes, texts and data. I decided to cancel this due to RPI price increases which where gradually going to make the contract more and more expensive.

After the cancellation I received no correspondence, after a while I received a credit search and a letter from DPO Collections which I raised a complaint about I spoke to a woman who I won't be able to re-call and she advised that there was a outstanding balance on the account which wasn't clear and it was actually £27.00 due to some reason she didn't know why there was a extra £7 applied so she agreed to remove it, and I proceeded to pay £20.xx to settle the balance and was advised to send a e-mail to creditfileammendments@virginmedia.com and they would sort it however I haven't had a single response regarding this.

As a result I now have a default marker on my credit file, and as you can tell i'm not happy especially when I've been trying to apply for credit and the reason why I was rejected was due to a default on my credit file.

I have major concerns about this Default marker on my credit file for future plans I.E if I want to purchase a house i'll be unable due to a £20pm contract via Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
G-Ray
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin put a Default on my credit file

How do you contact complaints?

No customer Service adviser is allowing me to speak to that department.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@G-Ray wrote:

How do you contact complaints?

No customer Service adviser is allowing me to speak to that department.

Complaints procedure is documented here:

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media also work in partnership with Resolver for complaints, but Virgin do not advertise it much.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/virgin-mobile-complaints?territory_id=5

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/virgin-mediacomplaints?territory_id-=5

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
G-Ray
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your comments and willingness to respond on this matter.

Due to e-mailing the CEO the complaint handler agreed to provide me with £50.00 compensation and informed me should I require anymore I would have to go to the Financial Ombudsman.

The complaint handler informed me the default was a automatic marker placed via their systems due to x amount of missed payments and informed me the contract wasn't cancelled correctly which resulted in a default.

I stated I was happy with £50.00 and the default has been removed from my credit report.

0 Kudos