cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin oomph sim 4G

Rahulp15
Joining in

I’ve got an oomph sim that is unlimited and comes with my virgin media package. It used to function fine and always had signal and good 4G speeds. For the last few months, the sim has been incredibly slow (2-3mbps) and I get 1 or 2 bars of signal constantly. I live and work in Central London so I can’t see how this is possible to be getting such poor signal around London. This seems to be due to the switch to Vodafone network. I’ve called up several times and have been told to reset my network etc with no avail. What can be done about this or I will need to cancel my bundle?

7 REPLIES 7

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rahulp15, 

Sorry to see you are having issues with us. If you have another handset then you can try that sim in, so we can see whether the issue is with the SIM/signal or with the handset. If the issue is area-specific, or if you get slow data speeds all around London or if it's in a specific area? Have you had a new sim out recently?

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well you will definitely be on Vodafone as that move has been completed.

As to why it is so bad it is hard to say. Possibly over utilisation in that part of London. May be worth finding someone on Vodafone Direct and enquiring.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The issue is area specific - generally the signal is poor in most places, however, there are areas where the signal seems to be much better as I move out of Central London e.g. Richmond. Ive tested the speeds in these areas and are above 20mbps. Ive not had any new sim this year.

Thanks for coming back to us @Rahulp15, we can try a new sim card to see if this improves your mobile signal.

I can arrange for this to be sent out from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Rahulp15.

I have arranged for a new sim card to be sent out to you and it will be with in the next few working days.

Please let us know, how it goes, when you get the new sim card.

Regards,

Steven_L

The new sim came and have tested it out for a week. It seems a bit better overall although there is still complete loss of 4g and signal in random areas of London. It seems that this is the best I’m going to get.

Thank you for the update @Rahulp15.

I am glad to see improvements in your mobile service. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs