cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin monthly to O2 monthly sim swap query

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi, I've just changed my virgin media package, which included a sim, and have been moved to O2. I wanted to keep my number and was advised, whilst on the phone, that the pac code had been generated and was sorted, I didn't need to do anything, just change sims when my new one arrived. O2 sim arrived with very little information but, I switched the sim, typed 'SWAP', followed instructions and got a message saying I was good to go. The sim is working fine but I've now swapped back to my old one as I need my old number. My question is, what happens about porting my number across - will this just happen? Do I just wait until my current sim stops working then change sims? I was told my current mobile account settings would be the same for the O2 account but, whatever I do I am unable to access anything regarding the O2 mobile account, again, do I have to wait until the number has been ported before I can access the O2 online account? Thanks in advance for any help on this subject 🙂

52 REPLIES 52

angela65
On our wavelength

Thank you for confirming my complaint is not an isolated issue and is in fact and ongoing problem that is obviously not being addressed!

Sorted it myself in 24 hours.  Would have done that 3 weeks ago if they had said

angela65
On our wavelength

Sad that we are having to pay for a 'self serve' service in the guise of 'Customer care'

We hate to see you feel this way @angela65.

To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have just arranged swapping my virgin mobile to O2 following a package update and during the call was told my number will be retained. I have recieved a PAC number from virgin and now had confirmation from O2 that a new sim with a new number is on way. I was told by the agent that I just pop in new sim and everything is automatic regarding keeping new number. Is this correct? Or do I need to update manually with O2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cambolino,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for your query! Glad to hear that you've taken out a new SIM with our friends over at O2!

You can read more about SIM help and activation on their website. Your SIM should be ready to go as soon as you pop it into your handset! 🙂

If you need any further help, you can contact O2 on 0344 809 0202 or take a look at their Contact Us page for more information.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Just to confirm, over a month after the above incorrect advice about not having to do anything to port your number from VM to O2, Virgin Media sales staff told me LAST WEEK that I didn't have to do anything - just "pop the new sim in your phone and wait an hour or two".

Appalling that this hasn't been stopped - people have made VM aware of this incorrect and useless advice (in this topic) MONTHS AGO.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scunnerman,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your SIM card.

Can you tell us a little more about what issues you're having and what problems you're facing?

We'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

What, apart from the fact that your sales people are still telling customers they don’t need to do anything to bring their existing VM number to the forced move to O2? Even though it was brought to your attention 2 months ago in this group?

Ok, two PACs supplied, next day porting confirmed. Next day was yesterday. Today, still no change…still on the O2 suk number.

What can you do about that? 

Thanks for coming back to us Scunnerman,

We do apologise for any inconvenience and confusion caused. Can we ask if you supplied your PAC code before 4pm?

If so, it will happen the next day. The port can take up until midnight to complete.

If you didn't supply your PAC code before 4pm, your port will take place the next working day, again, this can take up to midnight to port across to us. 

Kind regards Jodi.