cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin monthly to O2 monthly sim swap query

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi, I've just changed my virgin media package, which included a sim, and have been moved to O2. I wanted to keep my number and was advised, whilst on the phone, that the pac code had been generated and was sorted, I didn't need to do anything, just change sims when my new one arrived. O2 sim arrived with very little information but, I switched the sim, typed 'SWAP', followed instructions and got a message saying I was good to go. The sim is working fine but I've now swapped back to my old one as I need my old number. My question is, what happens about porting my number across - will this just happen? Do I just wait until my current sim stops working then change sims? I was told my current mobile account settings would be the same for the O2 account but, whatever I do I am unable to access anything regarding the O2 mobile account, again, do I have to wait until the number has been ported before I can access the O2 online account? Thanks in advance for any help on this subject 🙂

52 REPLIES 52

KB1876
Tuning in

Wow, sounds exactly like my experience. I was given new bundle, told my son had to be transferred to o2, I had to do nothing until virgin SIM stopped working then swap in new card. This obviously didn't happen. Rang back, was told it was all sorted and to wait 10 days !  Rang back again, told I should have been given a PAC code on day 1. Put through to cancellations and asked to terminate contract and surprise surprise, on 15 days so tough luck. Would have to pay £288 to leave. Extremely dude cancellation lady said those are the rules so there. Never in 35 years of being a loyal virgin customer have I ever had so much hassle and been treated so disgracefully. Oh well 18 Months and counting until Sky Glass.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KB1876,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when changing your package with us, we appreciate this must have been frustrating and apologise. 

With the change to the O2 SIM, have you now been provided with your PAC? If so, has this been passed to O2 team?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

angela65
On our wavelength

So, despite all the assurances I received on raising this inital complaint with Virgin, that additional training would be given to ensure this would not happen again, it evidently has NOT been given and is becoming a constant occurance!

Virgin are lying to customers... they have no integrity and have lost my trust. Like you say, plenty of time to plan changes to move on as so many internet companies are now bettering their speeds.

I suggest a new motto for them

'Virgin... on the ridiculous!'

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi angela65, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Can you please expand on what has happened since we last spoke with you?

Thanks, 

Nat

I asked for a refund on the 3 weeks unused mobile and was told it was o2 problem.  Contacted o2 and they emailed me confirmation that virgin had not even attempted transfer.  I then got pac code and sorted myself within 24 hours. I have paid £50 for 2 sims this month due to mis information given by 3 of your "customer service employees 

Hi Nat, 

After me making numerous calls we reached deadlock and I was advised via email regarding my option to escalate to CISAS - personal family issues prevented me being able to dedicate the time required to do this.

I did respond to a case update by calling in which (after speaking with a UK based advisor) did explain the current situation more clearly. I was advised of the discounts applied - which were actually deductions of charges I had not even been informed about... so are they really a 'discount'?

This has been dragging on for months and - like many Virgins customers - simply do not have the time to dedicate on fightling a system that leads you in circles with no progression (Good way of wearing customers down which I'm sure is more by design than luck on Virgins part)

Despite offers of compensation I have received nothing apart from empty promises that Virgin would work to ensure this wouldn't happen to other customers... evidently another lie.

I still cannot even access my online O2 account despite numerous calls to O2... what a joke this partnership has turned out to be.

As I stated, other providers are begining to increasing internet speeds - which was my main reason for remanining with Virgin - so I will be seeking an alternate provider as soon as I am free to and, I will not be recommending Virgin to anyone who asks.

I spoke to O2 and they said they have had absolutely loads of issues with customers not being informed correctly,  being mis sold sims as "free" not being switched over despite being told it would happen automatically etc etc. Disgraceful underhanded tactics that are totally unnecessary 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply KB1876. 

We are very sorry you have received a charge for the time without the service. 

Have you raised a complaint in regards to this? If not, information on the complaints process can be found here. https://virg.in/comcop

Thanks, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Angela65. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

To confirm, have you received the deadlock letter for your previous complaint? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

No, I requested a deadlock letter on 21/04/2022. I asked again on 02/05/2022. No deadlock letter was received at any poiint, before or after my requestiing one.

I would assume Virgin email records will match mine to confirm this.