Menu
Bigwelshy123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile plan changed at my expense

Virgin has changed my plan my plan was 4 gigs of data now virgin has changed to 40 gigs without any request from me when I call they say it’s legal and I can’t do anything it’s in terms and conditions this is fraud as I never asked to buy this plan I want answers virgin ! Your call centre is a joke they just don’t listen my contract is due to expire in August and I won’t be renewing also I have served my notice on my home internet due to your fraud 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile plan changed at my expense

If you are one of the people caught up in the above inflation price hike you should have received a letter giving you your options, one of which was to leave without penalties. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bigwelshy123
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They said they emailed me however I never read it proper I was thinking cost was fir hand set rather than plan as I pay two separate bills and the higher one was only a pound more expensive so was not to bothered but now it’s doubled 

I signed a contract at start  for data I wanted not fir them to change plan and charge me more I did not use more than my plan each month why then change it to 40 gig and there is an offer for 10 gig just a fraud nothing to do with RPI 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your are freestyle, 2 payments - phone and SIM.

You can cancel SIM at anytime with 30days notice and move SIM away to a better deal/network, or phone Virgin and haggle with for a better deal on sim.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Bigwelshy123
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My contract was for 2 years and don’t run out till August I would have to pay balance of contract off plus balance of sim I am sure or could I keep phone running till it’s paid and buy off remaining contract with my sim as it’s would work out cheaper than them shafting me 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You said "paying two bills", so it sounds like you have the phone on a Freestyle loan payment?

If it is, the SIM is not tied into that phone loan/contract and is on a 30day contract, and can be cancelled at anytime with 30days notice. Phone loan payment would carry-on as normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.