cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile internets most of the time is now slow

sd_amd
Joining in

Virgin mobile internets most of the time is now slow, home or when out. Although coverage checker states it should be good indoor and outdoor. 

21 REPLIES 21

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @sd_amd.

I have looked into this and a new sim card is needed to resolve this issue, I have made the arrangements for this to be sent out to you and it should be with you in the next 2 to 3 working days. 

Please let us know here, if you have any further issues, once you have got your new sim card.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

Ive now received the new sim but i am still seeing only 2 network bar. Coverage site shows limited coverage for 5g so I’ve changed settings on my phone to 4g as the  coverage site suggest 4g should be full (4 bar) but still seeing only 2 bars.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sd_amd,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm sorry to hear the signal still hasn't improved after the replacement. I can see you've been speaking with Steven in PMs. Can you please pop him a message so he can look into this further, for you?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Steven,

Ive now received the new sim but i am still seeing only 2 network bar. Coverage site shows limited coverage for 5g so I’ve changed settings on my phone to 4g as the  coverage site suggest 4g should be full (4 bar) but still seeing only 2 bars.

Thanks for coming back to us @sd_amd.

Are you having issues with calls or texts at the same time?

Is this happening in one location or does this happen all over the place?

Regards,

Steven_L

Calls/sms seems fine, and whilst i can use mobile internet but when indoor its only showing 2 bar network. Other than indoor Ive not tried elsewhere yet as only received the new sim today but when went garden the signal dropped to 1 bar then jumped to two bar again. According to coverage site I should get good coverage (4 bar even indoor especially 4g). As mentioned during start of my community post my frustration started when i was out and had no wifi so was dependent on mobile internet but it was outrageously slow (indoor, again in a location where the coverage site said I should get good coverage there too) hence hoping for fix (back to 4 bar network again) at my home address in turn im hoping it will be same good coverage again when im out next time.

Thanks for coming back to me @sd_amd, I have refreshed your profile on the network.

Please can you reboot your handset and let us know if this has made any difference to your mobile signal.

Regards,

Steven_L

Ive done that but its still same. Am i on EE or now moves to Voda? Also is there anything you can see from your end for my home / location (as i know sometime you can see stuff like upstream/ downstream/bandwidth etc) that could be causing this issue? As reading through other threads i see you sent engineer out for same/similar issues for other customers.

Thanks for coming back to us @sd_amd, we wouldn't be able to send a technician out for mobile data issues, the problems that you mention are all for customers with home broadband issues not mobile internet issues.

I cannot see any further issues on the system from here, the signal in your area should be good. Are you able to try your sim card in a different handset?

Regards,

Steven_L

Can you confirm re EE vs Voda?