cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile internets most of the time is now slow

sd_amd
Joining in

Virgin mobile internets most of the time is now slow, home or when out. Although coverage checker states it should be good indoor and outdoor. 

21 REPLIES 21

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sd_amd,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issue you're having with your Mobile signal.

Can you confirm the make and model of the handset you're using? Can you confirm if you have been able to complete a manual network search when having the issue?

Can you confirm if this is in multiple area's or just one?

^Martin

Ive tried all of that, its i12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

Just to clarify is this issue happening anywhere you go?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes, i think so although other than my home i only tried 2 other places i visit most and those 2 places meant to have good indoor and outdoor coverage. It never use to be like this before and i noticed being like this about 9 months to a year or so now. At home always using wifi hence didn’t notice much and thought problem was with where i went but when home wifi started playing up and my recent upgrade in mobile contract including lot more mobile data I started using mobile data at home when started noticing the problem at home. hence I am wondering if it has anything to do with migration, but then again if it was vodafone, their own web shows good indoor/outdoor coverage too hence not sure there either. Liked virgin as they used EE who’s network was excellent but if i had known it will be like this I would have reconsidered, especially when i have new phone and contract 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh, okay, 

Does anyone else in the property have Mobile services?

If so are they also affected?
Thanks again,

Kain

Its same for all in my household, on the 2nd address i didn't think they were with virgin but recently found out one of them were and they are also experiencing same issue as me. I hope virgin media pick up and checks for me and take any required action, im always working during the day and by the time i get time to call they are closed. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sd_amd,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. Sorry to hear that it is still impacting you.

Have you been able to take a look at our Mobile Data Not Working page as well as the Mobile Issues page to see if this can help with your problem? Have you tried moving your SIM card into a different handset? Is the issue still persisting?

Please let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’ve already tried all of this but made no difference, as to trying sim in a different handset, my partner also has same issue on her phone but we both have different handsets (android and ios). These days we dont see full network bars anymore yet the coverage site suggests we should. 

Thanks for coming back to us @sd_amd, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L