cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile insurance?

Northwinds
On our wavelength

I just started a new contract and was waiting for the end of the month to find the best option for phone insurance.

I ended up thinking virgin's own phone insurance might work, but on searching I found this:

Can I sign up to Virgin Media Protect any time?

Unfortunately you can no longer sign up for Virgin media protect from 1st July 2022

So did I miss it by a day?

Is there no longer a VM offered phone insurance?

Should I look elsewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Northwinds wrote:

So what would have happened if 'd taken out the insurance with the new cibtract last month???

Then you would be insured for the term for which you signed up.

Virgin use underwriters for insurance and if they have stopped taking on new customers there  it there is nothing that can be done.

Quite frankly there are better deals out there than you would have got from Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Northwinds

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

We are no longer able to offer device insurance to new or upgrading customers.

We would kindly ask that customers search for third party insurance suppliers for their device.

I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I only started the new contract a few weeks ago so I am an existing customer - at the time I said I would think about the insurance option, but I was not warned this would no longer be an option at the end of the month!!!

I'm very **bleep** off about this!

Hi @Northwinds

Thank you for your reply.

I am very sorry if the agent didn't advise that we would no longer be able to offer this from the 1st July and for any upset this has caused.

As we are no longer able to offer this, you would need to seek a third party insurance for your phone.

I do apologise again for any disappointment this may have caused. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Wow! Really terrible service!!!

So what would have happened if 'd taken out the insurance with the new cibtract last month???

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Northwinds wrote:

Then you would be insured for the term for which you signed up.

Virgin use underwriters for insurance and if they have stopped taking on new customers there  it there is nothing that can be done.

Quite frankly there are better deals out there than you would have got from Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Northwinds
On our wavelength

Thanks fot the answer - I was only looking at the virgin option as the replacement when lost or stolen seems to be quicker from service providers directly - at least that's what I read.