cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile- change SIM plan to a cheaper but better one.

Surb_girl
Tuning in

I wish to change my SIM plan to a cheaper but much better one.  However as a loyal customer of x years where x is a large number - I cannot do so online. Only ones 50% more expensive are offered to me.  Do I have to ring Customer Services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes, I'm afraid it's the lottery of calling customer services. 

If you want a company that allows you to manage all aspects of your account online, then this is not the one, and the forum staff can't do package changes.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes, I'm afraid it's the lottery of calling customer services. 

If you want a company that allows you to manage all aspects of your account online, then this is not the one, and the forum staff can't do package changes.  

Thanks I suspected I'd have to go through Customer Services. I think I'll have a look around first at the other companies.
I could get online if I were a new customer...

As a broad rule it's the newer brands (giffgaff, voxi, IDnet, smarty and so on) that have the best online capabilities, but always know which physical network they use.  I find Three has the best signal at my home address, but their online capability is very poor, so the household phones are all on IDnet who use Three's network.  It's been years since I used Vodafone, but even now I remember their crap online service, and even worse telephone and chat customer service, but if the Voda signal is the best for places you want, then voxi are worth a thought...and so on, adapt to which physical networks give the coverage you need.

For best value you might want to make sure you're getting a SIM only deal, stick to 30 day rolling contracts so that you're never locked in, and when you next need a new handset, buy it outright through Amazon or eBay - there's some stonkingly good stuff available from brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, and RealMe.  I'm on my third Xiaomi phone, all have been excellent.  A trip to Techadvisor.com will give you the lowdown on suitable handsets if the idea seems attractive.

Thanks for advice about the networks. I do have and want to continue with a SIM only contract and so thankfully I don't need to look for a new phone, but appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

Hi Surb_girl,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We certainly have some great sim only deals currently available. You can check the link here for our latest offers.

Unfortunately this is not something we would deal with through our community forums, as its a package change. We would advised calling out team on 789/0345 600 0789 or messaging us on 0753 301 6422. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks. Have now rung 789 and got a good deal.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Surb_girl.

Thank you for the update 🙂

I am glad to see that you have now got a good deal.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide