cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile SIM no network

dsivam
Joining in

I have a virgin mobile sim as part of my broadband package. I called Virgin to transfer my number from my old o2 SIM to my virgin SIM, providing them with the PAC code to do so. I was told this had happened successfully, but it is a week later and I still have no network on my virgin SIM. I have tried restarting my phone, taking out the SIM and putting it back into the phone etc but there is still no service. I was told it would take a maximum of 24 hours for the SIM to become active so this is becoming ridiculous. 

The phone is an iPhone bought from the apple store, so it is definitely unlocked. I don’t know if the SIM needs activating or something

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dsivam 

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issues with your phone! 

Can I ask if you have updated your number in the iPhone settings?

Thank you. 

Yes - so when i go to settings > Phone > My Number, its my new number that shows up now.

Not sure if this is helpful, but when I go to settings > general > about and scroll to physical SIM, my 'network provider' says virgin but my network is 'not available' - does the SIM need to be activated or something? 

Thanks for confirming @dsivam

I'll need to take a closer look into your account to see what's happened here. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can investigate, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.