cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin data issues - sloooooowwwww

alexdc12
On our wavelength

My Virgin data has been diabolical lately for months now it has been practically unusable. I called 789 about a month ago and had a useless conversation over how he told me there are no issues which I disagree with. 

I had an Android phone and a iPhone side by side both on virgin with rubbish speeds. Around 1mb down if that. The guy in the phone made me reset my network connections which lost all my WiFi/Bluetooth connections which was very frustrating. He sent me a new sim which has made zero difference. My phone is 5g capable but I don't seem to be able to get that in my area, I get 4g and strong signal but speeds are slow, it's better if I go onto 3g but it's still slow. It's not just my local area that's affected I have been to other towns and it's still as rubbish, quite clearly a network issue. Can anyone do anything or should I be looking to leave? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see this thread is flagged as 'resolved'!

The only way people have resolved this issue is to move to another supplier, but I guess that small detail isn't included in the support stats that go 'upstairs'

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

39 REPLIES 39

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alexdc12

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your Mobile Network 
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alexdc12

Thanks for those deals

I have checked for any local issues including degraded or decommissioned masts 

As you are using the Vodafone network we have checked and 2 masts near you are degraded and limited service, 

Regarding where you has also been It will be down to the same reason 

Gareth_L

alexdc12
On our wavelength

This has been like this for ages now, why am I paying for a service that is degraded?!

We piggy back off Vodafones network and can only go off the masts they use alexdc12

Gareth_L

alexdc12
On our wavelength

So as a paying customer for a service which clearly doesn't function I have to put up or shut up? 

Why are virgin paying for a crap service? My wife is on Vodafone so by your theory an I expecting her data to be poor too?

Beats me why virgin broadband can be so good yet mobile data is prehistoric.

Hi alexdc12

Are you still in contract with us? 

If you are looking to leave because of this, then I can go away and see what can be done as a one off

Gareth_L

alexdc12
On our wavelength

Don't believe I am in contract anymore so am free to leave but wanted to check if there was a reason for the poor service beforehand, it seems there is a reason and it's likely not gonna get fixed

We will be sorry to see you leave alexdc12

Gareth_L

alexdc12
On our wavelength

Doubt it lol

last question, why are using Vodafone if you have merged with 02? I'm likely to move to them which seems.silly as you are pretty much the same company!