cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin WiFi hotspot

Nagasaki
Joining in

Hi all. I am currently at a Travelodge that has WiFi provided by VM.

But I can not connect to it as the location of the hotspot at the hotel is in the wrong location on the map in the virgin connect app.

How can I get this fixed? I spoke to someone in the in app chat and they just blamed my phone for error.

It's clearly not my phone. The marker on the map is in the wrong spot, about 300m up the road Vs being on the hotel's location on the map so the app thinks I'm to far away to connect and won't even try.

12 REPLIES 12

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

The WiFi provided in a Travelodge will be by Virgin Media Business. That's not the same as the hotspots provided for cable and mobile customers.

The Connect app won't provide free access to the WiFi in a Travelodge.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I get this may be the case but if it is, why does this Travelodge show as a hotspot on the map of hotspots??

Or is it just showing it to say there is WiFi here but it's not free?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that hotspots that aren't part of the network offered through the Connect app shouldn't show up. Travelodge WiFi definitely isn't part of that, nor is Premier Inn's service which is also provided by the separate Virgin WiFi.

I'll flag this through the forum team as they'll be able to get it back to the people in Virgin Media that manage the Connect app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own