cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin SIM to be deactivated

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hello, yesterday I've upgraded to Ultimate Volt with an O2 SIM included. Previously I had Ultimate Oomph with a Virgin SIM included. I didn't want to keep the old Virgin phone number. Today I received the O2 SIM card, everything is good and working ok. My question is, when will the Virgin SIM be deactivated? As I don't need it anymore. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there IoanaNeacsu,

Welcome back to the community!

To clarify, if the package has been replaced by Volt then the SIM will be deactivated (depending on whether you'd like to transfer the number).

Hope this helps,

Kain

Hi Kain, thank you for your reply. As I've stated in the initial post, I didn't want to keep the old number, I've opted to have a new O2 number. My question was when and if it will be deactivated by default? As I don't want to also have a Virgin mobile in the same time with an O2 one. Thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

So as you're not keeping the number it will be deactivated, you'd previously pay the SIM via your Media bill so once you have altered the package it will be cancelled.

Thanks,

Kain

Ok cool. Thanks for the answer.

Hi, coming back to that, one month passed and the Virgin SIM is still active. Today was also the day when the data refreshed, as it was on the 7th each month. I don't need it anymore, as now being a Volt customer I have a new O2 number. I've received an email like three weeks ago letting me know it will be deactivated and I thought it will be before the new month data refresh. Anyway, as long as I'm not paying for it, I don't mind, I don't use it.

Hi IoanaNeacsu

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're still concerns about your Oomph sim. If you'd like we can look into this further for you. It should deactivate within 30days - but we can look at the account and confirm this for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley