cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Roaming not working on iphone in India

milindshanak
Joining in

Hi,

This is the second time I travelled to India in 3 months I have faced same issue with Virgin Roaming. First time though I had not enable roaming before leaving UK. 
However this time I have enabled roaming before leaving and I tried to follow iphone specific steps but cannot locate anything like sim application settings in mobile data. 

I would really appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks,

Milind

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Nathan_B,

Some information which may help with the roaming problems. My daughter is a long standing Virgin Mobile customer, she has an iPhone 12 and has just returned from Lanzarote. She didn’t have any problems getting service there, she got off the plane and her phone work worked straight away. It was the same when she was with my wife and I in Majorca last July. Her phone still has the Sim Application option but it is empty,i.e, no further options to select. In Settings/ General/VPN and Device Management there is a VPN option and a Sign into Work or School option. 
My phone also has a Configuration Profile

85B95F95-50B0-45E9-AB75-4AA266EF473E.png

 This leads to the following 

8DB1920F-7D31-4CC8-9D70-ED5A10506775.png

The Virgin signing certificate leads to this 

93DAB4BB-9FE4-45CC-BF7A-C3C98A4FDB4B.png

This confirms the use by Virgin of a Belgian proxy company. There is an obvious difference between the two Sims, hers works fine and doesn’t mention the Belgian company. Mine gives problems when roaming and uses the Belgian company. My and my wife’s Sim were issued when we joined Virgin Mobile last July, my daughter’s is years old.

Regards,

Dave

Thank you for this update @Smoggy239.

Just to confirm, are all the devices up to date regarding operating systems? Is the area still empty after a reboot?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

After a reboot my daughter’s iPhone 12 no longer shows the Sim Application option at all, she never had to use it anyway, so whether it ever contained options to change from Automatic to Manual/ National or International I don’t know. It’s running iOS 16.2, my iPhone 7 is 15.7.3, my wife’s iPhone 8 is 16.3.

Regards,

Dave

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Smoggy239, 

Thank you for providing the information and letting us know. 

My colleague is looking in to this further so we will update the thread as soon as we have more information. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi

please can a solution to this issue be posted rather than fixed by a PM.

Just changed my wife’s iPhone 11 to iPhone 12 Pro and she now has her numbers in Belgium format. 

The previous Sim Application fix is missing from both mine and her iPhones on iOS 16.3.

my iPhone is currently ok but my wife’s only temp fix is to turn off dial assist. Which is strange as mine is on yet my numbers are fine.

We have virgin mobile 53 on about section. 

thanks

Hi @TheRookieGB,

I've just responded to the other thread that you've made about this. We'll continue to assist you with this from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!