cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin PAYG service to end by January 2022

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ISP Review has announced that Virgin PAYG services will cease in January 2022, & SIMs will be switched off in a rolling programme from October onward.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/07/virgin-mobile-uk-moves-to-scrap-pay-as-you-go-packages... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Nice of VM to tell the world, sadly, failing to tell the actual customers with PAYG..

We have 3 PAYG and 3 pay monthly  sims, the PAYG  states 'by January 2022' yet in August 2021, NOTHING said to customers?? How much notice will we be given,  diddly squat, as usual. a terse  'please note that the following PAYG sims will become unusable after Jan 2022'  sent in December 2021

Typical VM.  I refuse to take a monthly pay sim, in 2 phones that use no data, and less than £5 a quarter for calls and texts, and are used for backup only.

Looking at other operators who WILL accept PAYG, and actually realise that  not everyone needs megs data allowances. or unlimited texts & calls.. OAP's for instance!! (2 of my PAYG are for father, and mother-in law, both in their 80's and only have a basic phone anyway, not capable of internet)

Looks like I will be going to A N Other network, (cheaper for the pay monthly (more data, less cost!) and happy to do PAYG for the elderly!! 

Signal with '3' far, far better than VM's as well!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe text will be sent out giving each users close date 90 days before.

If its calls and text then 1p Mobile. £10 TOP UP every 120 days to keep active, but credit does not expire and is carried over.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are on something like Simply 8p as I have and want an equivalent then look at ASDA Mobile. Just like VM they are migrating to Vodafone this year. Calls are 4ppm, texts 4p. No need to constantly top up. Make one call every 180 days to keep the SIM active.

https://mobile.asda.com/pay-as-you-go 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I got a text the other day to say my PAYG will end on 17th October