cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin PAYG SIM

DBM
Joining in

I have a virgin mobile PAYG SIM that was in a gate entry system intercom for several years, it stopped allowing incoming calls yesterday 30/05/22, today I've put it into a handset, set up handset with Virgin messaging centre details etc and text 65075 for a PAC code so I can port the number to a new network and put the SIM back in the gate entry system, however, all attempts to get the PAC fail, seems I'm unable to text 65075??? There was recently credit added to the SIM but I was unaware virgin mobile PAYG service was ending earlier this year.

How do I get this number ported across to a new network?

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there DBM,

Sorry to see you cannot get a PAC code issued for your VM mobile number. 
This can be happening if the SIM or service has been deactivated.

In order to enable us to check for you and give more advice on the issue, I will send you a PM.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message

Let us know in case you need help with that or anything else in the meantime.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PAYG ended in January and all accounts have been disconnected. I don't think there is a way to get your number back now but the team will advise

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can't see any PM?

Hi @DBM sincere apologies that you don't seem to have received a PM from Adriani.

Can you please check the purple envelope you should see in the top right corner of your screen if you're on a laptop for example?

If you click on this, our PM should be there - don't worry if it's not though, just let me know and I'll re-send if it's not there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom, purple envelope is showing 0 messages, am I looking at the right thing?

sketch-1654012235411.png

Hi @DBM thanks a lot for your follow-up message - that's the right envelope, but nothing showing by the looks of it! Sorry about this.

Please expect a PM from me to arrive in a moment (you'll know where to expect this now!) and respond directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W