cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Oomph SIM

BradTRC
On our wavelength

Hiya,

I transferred my Virgin Mobile number to GiffGaff and when logging in to my Virgin Mobile account no numbers come up. Will the new number come up after I have activated the SIM/ will get a new SIM? The transfer was completed Friday. Apologies if this made no sense whatsoever 🤣

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BradTRC
On our wavelength
8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BradTRC,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Can you just clarify the situation, please? You've moved over to GiffGaff as your new mobile provider and have ported your Virgin Mobile number across to them - is that correct?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

BradTRC
On our wavelength

Hi Zach,

Yes that’s correct however I have a Virgin Unlimited Oomph SIM so this means I am entitled to a new SIM and phone number right?

Kind regards,

Thanks for confirming BradTRC.

You're correct, you will receive a new sim card and number. Can we ask when the sim was ordered? It normally takes between 5-7 days to arrive by post.

If you haven't received it in this time, please come back to us so we can chase this up for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

BradTRC
On our wavelength

The transfer from Virgin to GiffGaff was completed Friday so I would have thought the SIM would have been ordered then. I see no numbers on the account though, is this supposed to happen?

I'm guessing the original number you've ported out wasn't on the Oomph bundle?

Regards

Lee_R

BradTRC
On our wavelength

It was 😂

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BradTRC, 

Thank you for getting back to us, I am sorry I know you did advise us, you ported your number over to GiffGaff, I can take a look for you to see when the SIM was ordered.

I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie 🙂 

BradTRC
On our wavelength

Just PM’d you Zoie.