cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile signal issues

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hey 

For a few good months now, the signal keep getting worse in my house. I've called the VMobile Team and they couldn't help - or understand, to be fair - at all. I've seen quite a few posts around with the same issues. 

The networks in manual network selection still show Vodafone as an option (which makes me think I'm still on EE). Recently it went from two bars to one bar... and the quality of the call went really bad. It is maintained at 1 bar for over a day now. There has been no change in any interfering equipment from my end. 

Can someone look into this, please? Or do you know a general cause for it? 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From checking the network in your area it appears there are a number of mast issues on the network. Granted not all of the masts in your area are experiencing the issues but if it is a particularly built up area the knock on effect of this could be congestion impacting the servcie.

Some of the local masts are highlighted for planned work so it would appear the network are aware of this and are looking to carry out some work soon.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear of the issues with the mobile signal @AlexanderMTTH.

It may be worth looking into these links for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area;
Please click the links for SIM cards supported by
EE and for SIM cards supported by Vodafone

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go on the EE status checker isted above remember to us the Check Status Button and not the one for coverage

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, both.

Both networks seem fine on the websites. Do you reckon it can be something else?
Nothing is known on VMs end, right?
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for checking! We are not aware of anything that would be causing this.

Does your signal go down in one specific location? Or is it everywhere you go?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey Hayley

It's specific to my house, it's not a general issue, but rather in my area.
Both indoors as well as outdoors.

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for that information, is anyone in your area that you know on EE? Have they also been having the same issues?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is in one area, then it has to be down to a fault (which you say you have checked) or a network reconfiguring. There is quire a bit of that at the moment in preparation for phasing out 3G in 2023 and using the frequencies to bolster 4G and 5G.

EE customers may have access to 800 Mhz 4G in your locality with a better range and indoor penetration which Virgin don't so they probably will not see much difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Me and my wife's is exactly the same, a drop in signal. The only way I can rectify it is to go to 2g only. 

Hello swazer161

We can see you have raised this in another thread that we have already responded to, we would ask to not post in multiple threads so all of the information is kept in one place so we can assist you.

Rob