cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile problems. No 4G, can't make calls or sign into my account. Anyone else?

KevinM1
Tuning in

Really hard to get information as the whole system seems to be down or broken today. Landline auto response states that a few people are having trouble. Anyone else out there having difficulties

18 REPLIES 18

I am still having problems with the service.

My phone displays that it is using 4G, but immediately I make a call or use WhatsApp to call, the service reverts to 3G with a much lower quality connection. What is going on? Are there still issues with the service?

What link?

I have a Sim only account and my own Android phone. The link you suggest is about repairing a Virgin phone. I really don't want t have to start resetting my phone - it has been working problem free up till a week ago when Virgin identified a problem with it's service. What appeared to have been resolved is still bringing up issues, particularly the fact 4G reverts to 3G when making a call or using WhatsApp and the quality is not acceptable. Are there still issues with the service that Virgin is still trying to resolve?

Hi KevinM1 thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry to hear your issue is ongoing.  Just to clarify, have you been able to test your SIM in another device?  If so how has that been?

Regards

Lee_R

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you have VoLTE (Voice over 4G) activated your phone will always revert to 3G to make a call. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have a MotoG8 Power but there doesn't appear to have an on/off toggle.I understand the modelis capable, but Virgin aren't supporting VoLTE?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KevinM1 wrote:
I have a MotoG8 Power but there doesn't appear to have an on/off toggle.I understand the modelis capable, but Virgin aren't supporting VoLTE?

Virgin only support a limited number of handsets, mainly Samsung and some Huawei with Android. 

On Android 10 or 11 there can be 2 toggles. One in the pulldown menus and another in the dialer app. If these are missing or greyed out you are out of luck.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Really helpful..thank you. I'll have a look but won't hold my breath,

Please let us know how things go KevinM1

Regards

Lee_R