cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile problems. No 4G, can't make calls or sign into my account. Anyone else?

KevinM1
Tuning in

Really hard to get information as the whole system seems to be down or broken today. Landline auto response states that a few people are having trouble. Anyone else out there having difficulties

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you have VoLTE (Voice over 4G) activated your phone will always revert to 3G to make a call. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KevinM1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We are aware of an issue affecting Mobile service.

We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

^Martin

Thanks for the reply.

Although 4G has now been restored for the moment, I'm still unable to access my Mobile account online.

I sign in with the correct details but an "Oops, something's gone wrong!" appears though I appear to be signed in, and there is a log out pull down.. Intermittently "Ajax Request Error 0" appears.

Is this part of the same outage or a separate problem as I urgently need to sign in to the account?

Thank you for the update @KevinM1,

Our team is currently investigating is this a wider issue. Once we get an update, we will update this thread.

We further apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply.

After several attempts of only having a partial sign in to my online account, I have reset passwords etc and now have gained access to the account once more. Although my original password allowed me into my account, the change now gives access to all parts of it.

This may have coincided with a reset on your system, so I'd be interested to know what the source of all the problems have been, and whether they have all been fully resolved.

Glad to hear this @KevinM1

It is great to hear everything is functioning well again.

We are yet to hear back from our teams investigating the cause of this. Once, we do, we will be back in contact :).

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Any update on this? You are doing maintenance in my area tomorrow for the broadband so I really need mobile data so I can work from home.

Hi @Jakkeo1,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. We can understand this is not ideal and want to best help. Is your mobile service still down today? Have you tried rebooting your device to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi

I can connect manually to vodafone which gives me data but no mobile signal, if i connect to network automatically i have no data but mobile signal.

Tried restarting and turning my device on and off numerous times 

Thank you for your response @KevinM1.

Please try the following link in regards to this and let me know if the issue persists virg.in/phonefix

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team