cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile number displayed as International Call on landline CLI display

Keefc
Tuning in

Just a question for anyone who may have experienced a similar issue.

I have a Virgin Mobile phone and have tried to call a landline number in the Hull (KCOM) network.

Each time I call, the Caller Line Identity (CLI) is displayed as International Call. This is repeatable to several different Hull Landline numbers and with several different Virgin Mobile phones, including mine, my wife’s, two neighbours and a friend.

When calling any landline number from my Virgin Mobile phone outside the Hull area, the CLI is recognised and displayed properly – again repeatable with several Virgin Mobile phones and several landline numbers outside the Hull area.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Zach_R,

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned in my original post 'This is repeatable to several different Hull Landline numbers and with several different Virgin Mobile phones, including mine, my wife’s, two neighbours and a friend'. So not just my iPhone X but several different Virgin Mobile phones and accounts. As I said, I don't think this is a phone problem and suspect there is a network issue with the CLI information?

Back in January 2021, Virgin Mobile Support ensured I went through resetting the iPhone, disabling 'dial assist', ensuring 'my number' was the correct format and 'show my caller id' was enabled. I have also tried dialling 141 in front of the Hull landline number (01482 area code) but the call is still classified as International by the CLI display on the landline phone - I.e. same result if I don't use 141 in front of the number dialled.

Hope this helps to clarify the issue and thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Keith

Hi @Keefc,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We will escalate this for you internally. Can you call landlines outside of the KCOM without this issue?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B,

Thanks for your message.

All calls from my Virgin Mobile phone to landlines outside the KCOM network area appear to be OK with the correct CLI being displayed (I.e. not International)

Thank you for escalating internally.

Kind regards,

Keith

Thanks for confirming @Keefc

I'll let you know as soon as I have any further info on this. 

Regards.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs