cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile coverage recently got rubbish.

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

I took out a Virgin Mobile contract as part of my Ultimate Oomph bundle. 

At first my coverage was superb and I got full signal nearly everywhere I visited, I was very happy. 

Sadly, for about 3-4 weeks ago my coverage has been terrible and I now suffer long periods of no signal.

I understand Virgin recently moved from EE to Vodafone, and I have to say it feels like this decline in performance coincides with a switch to Vodafone. 

I was with Vodafone previously and I was very unhappy the coverage, this recent performance feels like Vodafone and was why I left to join Virgin. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may well be switched to Vodafone.

If you do a manual network search and EE shows up but not Vodafone then the switch has taken place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tb49
On our wavelength

Yes, had all the virgin excuses.sim card replacement, NO DIFFERENCE, signal keeps cutting off, just a load of crap/weak transmission signal (now piggy backing onto the vodophone network), come on virgin sort your cheap costs out.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tb49 wrote:

Yes, had all the virgin excuses.sim card replacement, NO DIFFERENCE, signal keeps cutting off, just a load of crap/weak transmission signal (now piggy backing onto the vodophone network), come on virgin sort your cheap costs out.

Well, the post you have joined is now 11 months old. If the signal on Vodafone is bad for you then there is nothing more Virgin can do; they don't run the network.

You have three other Networks and their resepective Virtual Networks from which to choose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @tb49

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your mobile! Can I ask how you service was before the migration? 

Do you experience the issue indoor and outdoors? Does this also happen in multiple locations? 

Are you able to check your area for any possible issues here

Thank you.