cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile call problems

chrisj93
Tuning in

Hi there, 

I’m having a problem with my device when I have outgoing and in-going calls. When the call drops at least 10 seconds into or from receiving a call it goes silent or one way of describing it, it sounds like aliens on the airways. 
I’ve tried switching from 4G to 3G in my settings but I’m still having the same problem. It’s been doing it for around about a year now. 

Device :- Apple iPhone 11 64GB

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chrisj93, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with this. 

You've mentioned that this has been happening for quite a while. Do you find this only happens when in certain locations or is this all the time? 

When using your SIM in another device, does the same thing happen? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It happens pretty much anywhere. I’ve been waiting on a call this morning and didn’t even get a notification someone was or had called, just received a pop up for a voicemail which has cut out after 2 seconds. 

I haven’t tried the sim in another device as I don’t think my partners phone is unlocked. 

Would it be worth requesting a new SIM card?

Thanks

Hi chrisj93, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

We can certainly try this as the next step. I will need to confirm some information with you in order to get the replacement SIM card out to you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @chrisj93

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked a replacement SIM card for you to try now. You should receive this in the next few days. 

Once you receive it, you will need to activate it with the instructions that come with it. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team