Menu
David9Points
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Signal Issues London & Stevenage

Hi, Is anyone else having issues with the Virgin Mobile signal in London and/or Stevenage (Herts) For about 2-3 weeks now, the signal in London (Near Blackfriars station) is awful. Outside only getting 1 bar signal. As soon as you step in door (like an office) you get Nada. No signal at all. I've spoken to VM via the chat within the VM app and they have asked me to do the usual things like: 1. Switch the phone off/on 2. Remove the SIM, and replace 3. Try the sim in another phone 4. Switch the iphone from automatic network selection to manual selection (and select Virgin) nb. I have been told to do the above a total of 4 times by 4 different support staff. Finally they're saying that they're going to send me a new sim card, because mine is an old one. I only got the damn sim card about 6 months ago when I took out my contract!!!! So far, not impressed with VM's service as a mobile supplier. Dave
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Signal Issues London & Stevenage

You're probably aware Virgin use EE to provide mobile coverage, your description of issues at London Blackfriars Station has all the symptoms of a local network fault. I've used EC4V 4DD (fresh from Google) in the EE status checker at https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and there's nothing. To be fair, if there were issues there affecting the entire EE network I'd expect a few complaints on the EE forum and there doesn't seem to be any.

Which begs the obvious question... do you know any friends or relations on (ideally) EE direct, or Virgin Mobile, perhaps Asda Mobile (also use EE) and see if they're having any issues? That would be a fast way to prove whether there's a "network coverage" fault or not.

David9Points
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Signal Issues London & Stevenage

Thanks japitts The guy next to me in my office is on EE and he’s got the exact same problem. VM have now told me that it’s as good as it gets and I have to live with it. Dave
0 Kudos