cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Rings 4-5 times then states it’s turned off!

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi

So we have moved all our family mobiles to Virgin Mobile from Tesco Mobile. (Both on O2 network)

At my home address we sometimes struggle with 1-2 bars but we have never had this issue before with Tesco Mobile in 10+ years. Always connected.

The issue is that if I try to ring my wife’s iPhone 11 from my mobile in a good signal area when she is at home or if she tries to ring me the iPhone states it’s ringing 4/5 times then suddenly says that the other person’s mobile is switched off! 

However while testing this it has 1-2 bars indoors and iMessage works fine across Wi-Fi so we can message each other testing it.

I never had an issue in the first 3-4 weeks of this and it’s only recently on Virgin this happens. All new sims. All settings fine for weeks. 

Also if you try to call someone to make a call it can take 30 seconds to connect the number with the iPhone silent showing the number you are trying to dial. Why? 

any help with this? 

I understand that the signal maybe low and trigger the device in thinking it’s switched off but why does it ring first. Also never had this before with Tesco? Same house, O2 network.

We all love VMobile as the price and data packages are great but if we can’t make simple calls when needed this is crazy.

please can I have some answers.

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TheRookieGB

Sorry to hear of the mobile signal issues experienced since moving to Virgin Mobile, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From what you have advised this appears to be a signal issue in the area, you can check these here using your post code. iMessage will work fine via Wi-Fi as it is using a different connection to the calls. Have you tried Wi-Fi calling to see if the same happens during those calls?

Rob

Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply.

This is just to check the signal in my area. It’s not a service status page on the mast? 

Where can I test this?

Also yes I can try Wi-Fi calling, except I prefer it off. As I say it worked fine for 10+ years on Tesco Mobile and Virgin/O2 are the same network.

thanks 

Thanks TheRookieGB, if you could try that it's just part of the process of elimination.

The page linked is the coverage checker for O2 and if there are any mast issues in the area they will be advised there. I couldn't see any when I checked.

Rob

HI

Got a Message on Whats App to say that the Mast is currently experiencing issues and that its being looked into.

Thansk for the reply. I will try WIFI calls also but want to make sure our mast is fixed first.

Cheers