cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile RIP.. Moving to O2 - Tariff Changes?

james_stan
Tuning in

I just stumbled  across teh fact that Virgin Mobile will be no more by March this year (2023) and users will be transferred to O2 Tariffs. I checked out the O2 tariff an teh cheapest is about double what I'm currently paying for SIM only 30 day rolling.

I have very little need for mobile data bar a few emails and news pages so the minimal Virgin tariff I'm on is ideal. Should I expect to change away from O2 or will they interoduce a 'miser-rate' for people like me?

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's from March, so you may be later in they year 

You will be on a special tariff which won't cost you more than you are paying now.

The people who will complain will be O2 customer who see Virgin customers coming on board at better and cheaper tariffs than themselves 

No-one at VMO2 has thought that one through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello james_stan

Sorry to hear of the concern caused by the upcoming changes to your Virgin Mobile account and transfer to O2 tariff, we appreciate the concern.

When the tariff is due to be changed we will let you know prior to the date, we will also let you know of the tariff's available to you but have been advised these shouldn't be more expensive than what you already pay.

Rob

Thanks!

Meanwhile I did also find this web-page.. I guess time will tell..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/yourmovetoO2/what-changes-will-I-see

Any issues once you are notified of the date james_stan just let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Rob